The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Okhotnik

WKR
I did pretty good on Ford in 2009. My concern is the default of auto loans this year. I just spoke to a mortgage person yesterday to get pre approved for a home loan and she mentioned the lending industry is getting hit pretty hard now and expects to worsen. Lots of non payments of mortgages, auto loan and expected to be worse. I triedd to lock in a rate for 14 months which she said in past not a problem but that program was just ended and she added big meetings this week to address this problem. I can see the feds stepping in and doing something with the bank lobby. Who knows?

Broomd

WKR
I did pretty good on Ford in 2009. My concern is the default of auto loans this year. I just spoke to a mortgage person yesterday to get pre approved for a home loan and she mentioned the lending industry is getting hit pretty hard now and expects to worsen. Lots of non payments of mortgages, auto loan and expected to be worse. I triedd to lock in a rate for 14 months which she said in past not a problem but that program was just ended and she added big meetings this week to address this problem. I can see the feds stepping in and doing something with the bank lobby. Who knows?
I just saw a segment on Fox biz...thousands of 2020 cars stockpiled. The 21's would normally be out in late August.
Low sales, aging (new) inventory. Like everything else it's nuts.

Ford might be good for a flip, in at $4.50 or so, out at $5.50, but things are rough with F and cars right now.

EastMT

WKR

Yes I read a story that the sub prime auto lending, stretched out 7-8 year payments has been a looming bubble for awhile before the crisis. I’m def not ready to get in yet, watch it for awhile for sure

Broomd

WKR
Yep, congrats.
CEQP and HLX both had good days on my sheet, I passed on grabbing profits, tomorrow is another day.

It's chess, not checkers.

Okhotnik

WKR
Yes I read a story that the sub prime auto lending, stretched out 7-8 year payments has been a looming bubble for awhile before the crisis. I’m def not ready to get in yet, watch it for awhile for sure
The sub prime car loans plus student loan mess are a potential time bomb if the country doesn't open up. You would have thought 2008 never happened. People have short term memories. Don't take out loans for stuff that you cant afford or don't meet your budget . Problem is most Americans don't know what a budget is. I know a lot of poeple that took out 6 to 8 year loans on new cars, trucks the past few years when the economy was booming that are over 60 per cent of their annual incomes. Insane

Okhotnik

WKR
I screwed up and bought ACDVF too high today. Airlines took it in the pants the last part of trading day!

Clarktar

WKR
I am trying a new app called Robinhood. Hopefully I can get some funds into it this week so I can try my hand at this. I have enjoyed following this thread much more than I thought and am absorbing alot of experience at the profit or expense of others.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Anyone buying stuff because "Its Cheap" is asking for trouble.

A thorough analysis is in order on any of these just to insure you don't lose everything.

Southwest- LUV- is a perfect example. They diluted the heck out of their stock by issuing more shares and did a convertible offering. Now the good news is they have the cash to ride this out now...but whose to say what their business will look like in the future. What if something stupid happens and Congress mandates no one in a middle seat....all of the airlines would be running on thinner margins. That on top of the changes in all industries to teleconferencing.

I do think someone will be fine cherry picking LUV somewhere down here....but it will be a long road and there is probably a better industry choice.

Ford....I haven't looked at them but they gotta be in their worst shape in history. Almost No cars sold. Dealerships that work on thin margins are going to be going belly up. Then there are folks that would normally be buying but will postpone their purchase a couple years.

At the very least F will stop dividend, dilute shares even further to raise cash....it might be $3 before this is over.

_______

EastMT

WKR
I screwed up and bought ACDVF too high today. Airlines took it in the pants the last part of trading day!

Man I was doing good all day, 1 red stock. Then boom, everything went down a bit. It’s rough when everything is traveling almost horizontal overall.

The last month or so has been almost impossible not to make money. Any stock you look at bottomed around 3/23, up 30-50% since then. It can lead you to be over confident and think it’s easy to beat the market. I’ve been guilty of this before hence my bit of “be careful” pessimism style of investing.

I got really lucky on some pennies for maybe 6 months, 100-400% swings sometimes. Man I was stoked, had a private island off Alaska picked out hahaa. Then boom, put way too much into like 5 gambles. 4 dropped 70-80% in a few days. I was back to square one in no time. Luckily I had kept my original deposits on hand so I basically broke even but it hurt bad.

So that’s why i have split it up so much now, lots of stocks, all sectors, small % in each. If any one stock gets over 5% I start looking at a rebalance. I’d probably do better in a S&P fund but I need a little bit of fun in these times!

Jess

FNG
I am trying a new app called Robinhood. Hopefully I can get some funds into it this week so I can try my hand at this. I have enjoyed following this thread much more than I thought and am absorbing alot of experience at the profit or expense of others.

Same here but so far im not very good at it. CDEV looked like it was back to normal yesterday so I bought a bunch, hopefully it comes back up soon.

EastMT

WKR

A thorough analysis is in order on any of these just to insure you don't lose everything.

Southwest- LUV- is a perfect example. They diluted the heck out of their stock by issuing more shares and did a convertible offering. Now the good news is they have the cash to ride this out now...but whose to say what their business will look like in the future. What if something stupid happens and Congress mandates no one in a middle seat....all of the airlines would be running on thinner margins. That on top of the changes in all industries to teleconferencing.

I do think someone will be fine cherry picking LUV somewhere down here....but it will be a long road and there is probably a better industry choice.

Ford....I haven't looked at them but they gotta be in their worst shape in history. Almost No cars sold. Dealerships that work on thin margins are going to be going belly up. Then there are folks that would normally be buying but will postpone their purchase a couple years.

At the very least F will stop dividend, dilute shares even further to raise cash....it might be $3 before this is over.

_______

I agree with you, I don’t think we’ve seen the full impact of the shutdown yet. Cruises, airlines, cars purchases, repos, foreclosures. All the bad stuff hasn’t hit yet, so far it’s just been lost revenue. Fingers crossed we are up and running soon!

Okhotnik

WKR

_______
Its been a really risky market that's for sure.

I ve been selling most of my stocks in less than 4 days. I still have. a few blue chips from the March down turn. I had LUV a month ago and dumped it for a few hundred dollar gain. I have stop loss on most stocks so I don't take huge losses. If I can get a quick 4 to 7 per cent gain Ill usually sell it. I keep a few long term but as most have mentioned will probbaly be a big down turn here maybe by end of May. Then I'll be hunting for secure investments.

I had some fun with MVIS today. Thankfully came out ahead. SoI bought a bunch before close today at 1.13 and see if will repeat itself again.

I sold all my AAL 2 k shares near high today when I saw all the airlines start to tumble. I said I would keep it but not have the ballz lol.

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
Its been a really risky market that's for sure.

I ve been selling most of my stocks in less than 4 days. I still have. a few blue chips from the March down turn. I had LUV a month ago and dumped it for a few hundred dollar gain. I have stop loss on most stocks so I don't take huge losses. If I can get a quick 4 to 7 per cent gain Ill usually sell it. I keep a few long term but as most have mentioned will probbaly be a big down turn here maybe by end of May. Then I'll be hunting for secure investments.

I had some fun with MVIS today. Thankfully came out ahead. SoI bought a bunch before close today at 1.13 and see if will repeat itself again.

I sold all my AAL 2 k shares near high today when I saw all the airlines start to tumble. I said I would keep it but not have the ballz lol.

I really wish I hadn’t sold my MVIS at $.97 lol. But hey I’ll take a few bucks. That’s a wild one, I can find zero reasons that one is running so I’m not chasing it.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I see some new people to trading jumping in here. My advice to start is you really need to understand candlestick charts. Google it. They will help you immensely in timing when you enter/exit trades regardless of whether you are going for long term or overnight. Tradingview is a decent site and easy to use but there are many others as well.

_______

There is a good chance F goes lower then $3 before it goes to zero. They are desperate to raise cash and selling some pretty high priced debt to do so.

Ford is set pay a 9.625 per cent yield on $1bn of 10-year debt, according to people familiar with the pricing. It is also issuing $3.5bn of five-year bonds yielding 9 per cent and $3.5bn of three-year debt yielding 8.5 per cent.

Okhotnik

WKR
I really wish I hadn’t sold my MVIS at $.97 lol. But hey I’ll take a few bucks. That’s a wild one, I can find zero reasons that one is running so I’m not chasing it.

Its up to 1.50 after hours. It's crazy. I have sell order for it tomorrow and hopefully make a few bucks.

Stid2677

WKR
I've made a boat load on Visa,, have held it since the IPO and added to my position at most 6% pull backs. Sold off enough to buy a RV when it hit $214.00 and replaced those sold shares when it dropped into the $130s, back in the 180s today. V, MA, and Paypal are Financial Tech and make money with each swipe, they have done well during all this virus stuff.