The Shoot2hunt Podcast

gabenzeke

WKR
Lots of good common sense in the latest. I enjoyed listening on the motorcycle ride to work today. Part of the discussion reminded me of a question I had years ago about powder manufacturers claiming their powders met military standard (temp stability). My testing showed some powders, including one specific powder that met the mil spec, really did not perform that well. I decided to look up the standard. It was essentially useless. If it went ‘bang’ in the cold, it probably passed. Beware the ill defined call to authority.
Military grade/standard/spec just means mass produced and cheap in my mind.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: prm

Dobermann

WKR
There’s a scope in the works to take care of a lot of this stuff. Good cliffhanger today.
As soon as I heard that, I rushed here to post ... y'all beat me to it.

If there's anything better in the works that offers more than what either the SWFA 3-9 or the Maven RS1.2 offer for their use cases, then we'll be spoilt.

Oh, and I always thought it was pronounced 'S W F A' ... and now I hear @Formidilosus say 'Swafa'?? My reality is crumbling around me like I'm in Darren Aronofsky movie ...

ljalberta

WKR
As soon as I heard that, I rushed here to post ... y'all beat me to it.

If there's anything better in the works that offers more than what either the SWFA 3-9 or the Maven RS1.2 offer for their use cases, then we'll be spoilt.

Oh, and I always thought it was pronounced 'S W F A' ... and now I hear @Formidilosus say 'Swafa'?? My reality is crumbling around me like I'm in Darren Aronofsky movie ...
Some would say “swiffer” is the only true pronunciation.