The Shoot2hunt Podcast

I think this is the first field to table type podcast I have listened to that suggested processing your own elk is too hard and talked about grinding/meat-sticking everything but the tenderloins. No backstrap steaks???

All in good fun. Keep up the good work. I'll forgive ya on this one šŸ˜…

I think this is the first field to table type podcast I have listened to that suggested processing your own elk is too hard and talked about grinding/meat-sticking everything but the tenderloins. No backstrap steaks???

All in good fun. Keep up the good work. I'll forgive ya on this one šŸ˜…
Iā€™ve cut up lots of elkā€¦ I hate cutting up meat:). My family just ainā€™t into roasts and steaks. But I do love a good strap on the Traeger.

I don't necessarily enjoy cutting meat, but I'd rather cut my own than not know what/how it's being handled by a processor.

Usually takes me two days to butcher an elk from cooler to freezer.

I don't necessarily enjoy cutting meat, but I'd rather cut my own than not know what/how it's being handled by a processor.

Usually takes me two days to butcher an elk from cooler to freezer.
100%

Steaks are our favorite part, and I will argue that they are as quick and easy as any dinner, thatā€™s one thing I like about them.

Roast some vegetables with some seasonings and olive oil, 19 minutes at 400

Spring loaded tenderizer the night before or during the day, put some olive oil in it to soak, then 4-5 minutes on a hot grill and you have a simple good dinner

We eat that most days in the summer, because I always cook, I get up at 2:45 every day, on the ocean all day and back home between 5-9, always tired so quick and easy is necessary

My daughter is a picky kid too, wonā€™t even a perfectly cooked tri tip or rib eye, but thankfully she likes deer and elk steaks

We break it up with fish a couple times a week average, but deer and elk steak are a stapleā€¦ good and easy

Just finished episode 54. Grown men getting upset about cursing in a podcast enough to contact you guys about it is pretty lame. @Ryan Avery

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Just finished episode 54. Grown men getting upset about cursing in a podcast enough to contact you guys about it is pretty lame. @Ryan Avery

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
I frequently walk into strip clubs and yell at the ladies to cover up. Cussing in public around kids is poor form, but nobody is forcing you to download the podcast and listen.

There are a few podcasts that get way too preachy and religious and simply skip that episode or stop listening altogether. I'd never consider writing them and telling them to secularize...

It just depends on your tolerance for loosing sight of the animal during the shot. The lower your tolerance, the lower your magnification.

Back