The Shoot2hunt Podcast

eric1115

WKR
You know what else LeDoux and Robby have in common? They are both incredibly good at what they do. One could say they are to a ………status.

Robby told me I have to keep the word out of my mouth so use your imagination.
Garth ain't my cup of campfire coffee, but there's no denying he's a legend. And if a legend name drops you in one of his songs, well...

And I agree that Chris and Robby are in the same category.

CorbLand

WKR
Garth ain't my cup of campfire coffee, but there's no denying he's a legend. And if a legend name drops you in one of his songs, well...

And I agree that Chris and Robby are in the same category.
My wife’s name is in a Garth song. She reminds me of it every time she hears it and lets me know that she settled for me when she could of had Garth.

If you ever get a chance to go to one of his concerts, do it. Not a huge fan either but best concert I have ever been to.

So, this most recent podcast has inspired me at least a little bit… the carnivore diet intrigues me because I only usually eat one big meal per day… I’m not good at eating often, so I seek fatty foods

Step 1 of inspiration is to sous vide some elk steaks, tenderized with the little spring loaded stabbing types (always use them regardless) but rather than a marinade of sorts, I’m going to use butter and salt only

My brother in law has just started the carnivore diet, so I’ll team up with him for dinner tomorrow. I eat a lot of butter, so incorporating it into meals will be pretty normal for me.

As an example, this is how I eat banana bread 😂

Attachments

• IMG_9664.jpeg
    IMG_9664.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 63

WayneKerr

FNG
Carnivore diet is legit. I've been on it since december of last year. I thought it sounded too good to be true so I gave it a go. Long story short - It's the way for me and I'm not going to stray too far from it.

I'm not an expert or a doctor, but ask me anything if you want to know more.

Loper

WKR
Carnivore diet is legit. I've been on it since december of last year. I thought it sounded too good to be true so I gave it a go. Long story short - It's the way for me and I'm not going to stray too far from it.

I'm not an expert or a doctor, but ask me anything if you want to know more.

I’ve been very intrigued by the carnivore diet for a while now. I haven’t listened to the podcast but am planning to this week.

1 When you eat something besides meat, is it on purpose or unintentional?

2. What are your regular meals?

3. When you go to a restaurant, do you tell the server not to bring anything else on the plate other than meat, or do you just not eat the sides when they are on your plate?

4. What are the biggest benefits you’ve seen from the carnivore diet?

WayneKerr

FNG
I’ve been very intrigued by the carnivore diet for a while now. I haven’t listened to the podcast but am planning to this week.

1 When you eat something besides meat, is it on purpose or unintentional?

2. What are your regular meals?

3. When you go to a restaurant, do you tell the server not to bring anything else on the plate other than meat, or do you just not eat the sides when they are on your plate?

4. What are the biggest benefits you’ve seen from the carnivore diet?

1. The only things I eat besides meat are peanuts and pistachios, but only ones that come in the shells that haven't been tainted with some random refined oil. It's on purpose, and only to break up the monotony of the diet every now and then. Meat, eggs, and some dairy gets old after a while and I crave something else. I didn't add the nuts into my diet until recently.

2. Regular meals - bacon cheddar burgers with no bun, toppings, or condiments. Deer and black bear with butter, salt, and maybe a tiny bit of pepper. Bacon and eggs. Ribeyes and strip steaks. Bacon wrapped pork tenderloins. Add way more butter/fat than you think you should. Save the bacon/beef grease and cook with it. If you drink coffee, put at least 1 tablespoon of butter in it and use a hand held frother to really mix it in well - tastes waaayyyyyy better than it sounds.

3. I don't eat at restaurants, so can't answer that one.

4. The biggest benefit for me has been gut health. Predictable/regular toilet times - one good dump in the morning and that's it. No random "oh shit, I gotta shit" moments. Significant decrease in bloating/gas. Those things were way out of whack even when I was eating a very clean, all organic, balanced diet. I personally have to supplement with a little bit of fiber to avoid constipation. If you try this diet you might experience a weird mix of constipation and diarrhea at first. Apparently it's common and is supposed to go away as your body adjusts, but it didn't for me so I use psyllium husk - main ingredient in metamucil without all the weird stuff they add to it. I also take probiotics and supplemental digestive enzymes.
I'm 34 and had dealt with acne up until I started this diet. Acne is basically gone now, and overall redness in my face has been reduced.
Energy levels seem slightly increased.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
So, this most recent podcast has inspired me at least a little bit… the carnivore diet intrigues me because I only usually eat one big meal per day… I’m not good at eating often, so I seek fatty foods

Step 1 of inspiration is to sous vide some elk steaks, tenderized with the little spring loaded stabbing types (always use them regardless) but rather than a marinade of sorts, I’m going to use butter and salt only

My brother in law has just started the carnivore diet, so I’ll team up with him for dinner tomorrow. I eat a lot of butter, so incorporating it into meals will be pretty normal for me.

As an example, this is how I eat banana bread 😂
Six days in. So far, so good. The biggest thing so far is that I am not hungry at all on this diet. I didn't have RPG like Diarrhea on days 3 and 4, but it has subsided.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I'm pulling for you guys. Honestly the biggest benefit might be the no alcohol.

Six days in. So far, so good. The biggest thing so far is that I am not hungry at all on this diet. I didn't have RPG like Diarrhea on days 3 and 4, but it has subsided.
I’m curious about the progress of you guys, I hope it works for you guys like it so far is for Lampers, and I’m interested in that diet, though for different reasons than most diet.

Peanut butter would be hard to give up for me, and I have been terrible lately with Reese’s and frozen twinkies, but I could easily get over that

Butter and steak is right down my alley though! Haven’t drank in about 15yrs, so don’t need to kick that (used to be varsity)

I never thought I would be interested in a diet, but I like the simplicity of the carnivore, and it’s stuff I like.

I like the idea of eating twice a day is enough (I could do that) I’m really not that far off currently, it would be not eating roasted vegetables (I fill up on meat anyway) less shit to cook, and simple… coffee is easy, I like coffee and heavy whipping cream with no sugar… basically I wouldn’t have to change much besides sugar, but that would be a good thing anyway… it’s probably not good to have 10 Reese’s peanut butter cups for lunch and one perfect bar to get rid of the guilt

Good luck to you guys, I’ll be checking on you guys once in awhile to see how it’s going

Shraggs

WKR
My wife’s name is in a Garth song. She reminds me of it every time she hears it and lets me know that she settled for me when she could of had Garth.

If you ever get a chance to go to one of his concerts, do it. Not a huge fan either but best concert I have ever been to.
Garth concert is remarkable and epic

Highly recommend

Dobermann

WKR

Haaang on ... you mean another woman who has the same name is in a Garth song, or your wife is in a Garth song?

Not that we know either of you ... but inquiring minds want to know.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

I would rather throw money into the lake than buy a ticket to see GB.

Now, George Strait... worth the price of admission.