The Shoot2hunt Podcast

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I like detachable magazines but the hinged floorplate slander in the most recent episode is kinda ridiculous. You don't have to unload the rifle when you unload the chamber? Jake has thumbs right?

I have been wondering that.
Am I the only guy that opens the bolt, ejects the round.
Then puts it back in the chamber and pushes them down and slides the bolt over the top to close the bolt without a round chambered.

BjornF16

WKR
The frame of the grip? The grip is polymer and whatever the standard frame is. It’s just a factory P- sorry, not P2.

No. Though it’s a better gun- properly functioning external extractor, and a purpose made 9mm magazine.
Staccato website shows steel frame and aluminum frame for the P…33oz vs 28 oz.

The CS is 23 oz. I was just thought if you had the aluminum version it might be close to recoil of CS.

The CS is better gun compared to P?

The only 1911’s I have are 10mm varieties.

Now I’m curious to shoot 9mm 1911/2011 to compare to the Sig P365XL

I have been wondering that.
Am I the only guy that opens the bolt, ejects the round.
Then puts it back in the chamber and pushes them down and slides the bolt over the top to close the bolt without a round chambered.
No, that's how it's done. And exactly why I hate dbm's and can't figure out why everyone loves them.
I have 1 rifle with the hawkins hunter dbm, and I still prefer a bdl setup.
Magazines suck and they will always suck.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

texag10

WKR
Staccato website shows steel frame and aluminum frame for the P…33oz vs 28 oz.

The CS is 23 oz. I was just thought if you had the aluminum version it might be close to recoil of CS.

The CS is better gun compared to P?

The only 1911’s I have are 10mm varieties.

Now I’m curious to shoot 9mm 1911/2011 to compare to the Sig P365XL
Currently own a staccato P and p365xl. The 2011 is noticeably easier to shoot. Dot never leaves the a zone inside of 10 yards, and I do not try to muscle the gun. You can shoot as fast as you can see.

BDL's suck compared to magazines. Same deal except they drop cartridges everywhere when you unload. I grew up on ADL's and BDL's and love having a Tikka magazine :)

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
The only thing a magazine might be superior in is a reload. That's it.

The magazine whether fixed or detachable, exists to hold spare cartridges, and present each round in order to feed consistently in the gun. Properly designed detachable magazines do both better than internal BDL’s and ADL’s. Good DBM’s are more reliable (higher mean rounds between stoppages- MRBS), more consistent, faster to reload with less chance for user error, and spare ammunition is kept ready for immediate use while being protected inside the magazine.

The only things BDL/ADL’s do is look cleaner and carry better than certain DBM’s. Every single functional aspect they are inferior to good DBM’s.

Last edited:

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Magazines are superior in just about every way.
Yes. Without magazines we would only have one shot. I prefer my magazines to be integral to the gun with a hinged floorplate at the bottom.
The only things BDL/ADL’s do is look cleaner and carry better than certain DBM’s. Every single functional aspect they are inferior to good DBM’s.
Except for the ability to be dropped/lost/forgotten.

BDLs are pretty cool when actually hunting. They suck if you're actually going to shoot the rifle a fair bit though and they suck in states like my home state where you can’t have the mag loaded in a vehicle. DBM like what browning does with the xbolt is perfect for hunting rifles. Perfectly flush for carrying, not going to come out accidentally, and still feeds like butter and has the convenience benefits of dbm.

Sold my last ADL and BDL rifles this year. Would be surprised if i have another anytime soon.

Last edited: