The Shoot2hunt Podcast

I have done both, but appendix.

“Comfort” is relative. The 5 Shot SME is probably the most comfortable.
Being as how most of your decisions are based much differently than most, without the likes thinks feels, what other appendix holsters should one look at when shopping?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Being as how most of your decisions are based much differently than most, without the likes thinks feels, what other appendix holsters should one look at when shopping?

This one does depend on body size, shape, belt type, pants; do you want over the belt clips, thread through, leather, kydex, etc, etc. For leather that SME holster is probably the one most consistently preferred one that I know of.

For kydex, something like this is my preference-

IMG_7643.jpeg

IMG_7644.jpeg

This one does depend on body size, shape, belt type, pants; do you want over the belt clips, thread through, leather, kydex, etc, etc. For leather that SME holster is probably the one most consistently preferred one that I know of.

View attachment 693495

View attachment 693496
Any reason for not carrying with a weapon mounted light? Just seemed like an interesting omission from your pistols

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Any reason for not carrying with a weapon mounted light? Just seemed like an interesting omission from your pistols

Because they add so much bulk that carrying appendix for me becomes either not really concealed, or not possible. Also, while a light would be a good thing, take a look around and see where you go that is so dark you can’t see. There are lights everywhere. Anywhere you need a light to ID a person, you would also need a light to walk, in general. It’s a compromise that I make.

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
I like detachable magazines but the hinged floorplate slander in the most recent episode is kinda ridiculous. You don't have to unload the rifle when you unload the chamber? Jake has thumbs right?
For the record, I prefer DBMs ... but you don't have to listen too closely to the S2H podcast to see that Jake has a bit of a habit of talking about stuff he doesn't really know about.

Not meaning to hassle him - I love the S2H podcast, have bought heaps of stuff from UM, and love that Jake (aided by Ryan and Form) are pushing the market in directions it needs to go.

But no need to talk about stuff you don't know about - that's what podcast guests are for.

As an old CQC instructor told me, 'Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut when it needs to be'.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
To follow up on the latest S2H podcast. We barely scratched the surface on inleting! Also with the new inlets released for the rokstok, we’re getting a lot of calls and emails so hit me with your questions

RussDXT

WKR
Because they add so much bulk that carrying appendix for me becomes either not really concealed, or not possible. Also, while a light would be a good thing, take a look around and see where you go that is so dark you can’t see. There are lights everywhere. Anywhere you need a light to ID a person, you would also need a light to walk, in general. It’s a compromise that I make.

Sounds like perhaps for defensive use having a light on a hd pistol when your house is dark may be the right call, but for the “always have a gun” mindset not so much.

View attachment 693495

View attachment 693496
I don't recognize the logo, who makes that kydex or a similar version? thanks

BjornF16

WKR
The issue with the Tenicor like most is the right side bottom is square, unlike the one that I posted which is angled.

Hoggetter

FNG
22 mag or 10mm on this guy and you only have two seconds to get one in his skull !
This is what you are debating about.
IMG_3797.jpeg

Hoggetter

FNG
Form stated in a podcast that he have no real life experience on grizzly bear attacks, but he would recommend a 22 mag for protection. Because he can get more shots on the bear faster, I agree on the speed of rapid fire. BUT If your walking thru a thick patch of brush and you get surprised by the grizzly and you can only get one good shot off, do you want a 22 mag or a 10mm hand gun? This could be a real life situation.

Form stated in a podcast that he have no real life experience on grizzly bear attacks, but he would recommend a 22 mag for protection. Because he can get more shots on the bear faster, I agree on the speed of rapid fire. BUT If your walking thru a thick patch of brush and you get surprised by the grizzly and you can only get one good shot off, do you want a 22 mag or a 10mm hand gun? This could be a real life situation.
I don't deal with grizzlies so I'm not really qualified for an opinion either way. Philosophically I'd want the cartridge with the lowest recoil possible that could still penetrate the head then. Whether the 22 Mag qualifies I have no idea at all, handguns aren't really my thing either.

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
I hear you. But I think his point was if you don't hit it in the brain, it won't really matter if it's a 22mag, a 10mm, or a 300wm, it will still kill you if it wants to. And you can probably be faster and more accurate with the 22mag than the 10mm.