Thermarest NeoAir XTherm NXT MAX

Southfork

FNG
Question for anyone that has the Thermarest NeoAir Xtherm NXT MAX…I just ordered one of these, and was a little disappointed in how oversized the stuff sack is for it. I guess technically it isn’t a stuff sack as it really isn’t designed to compress it down, but the bag that came with my X-Lite seemed to be a lot snugger fit over the rolled up mattress. Has anyone tried to find a smaller sack for it? I’m thinking maybe a one litre stuff sack would work.

I have one. I’m pretty sure there were two sacks; one sack was the stuff sack (smaller / tight fit) and the other sack was to trap air to use for “blowing it up” instead of using your own breath.

Double check there’s not another sack somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33f7e7aca4c78db7a1da552cbd4d8744.jpg

This was image from website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I just got the non-MAX version and the “stuff sack” is way bigger than it needs to be. I’ll try to either find a cinch strap or a more appropriately sized bag.

OP
Southfork

Southfork

FNG
I got both the drawstring pouch and the bag for inflating. Leaning towards the suggestion of just putting a strap around it. More of an OCD thing than anything I guess. I used the bag to inflate it once, but have not tried inflating it without it. The X-lite only took about 35 “breaths”, I’m betting this bigger one would be double that. Probably will see how light headed I get blowing it up without the bag when I get back home. Are y’all using the bag to inflate it every time?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Blowing it up with your mouth blows moisture into the pad. Over time that turns into mold.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

What’s the difference between the XTherm and the NXT Max? I’ve had great luck with the regular one.