Thoughts on Interarms Mark X 7mm Rem Mag for Elk?

ElkLifer

FNG
Hi Y'all,
New here but not new to hunting or guns. I'm unfamiliar with the Interarms Brand, particularly the Model X in 7mm Rem Mag. I came across one with a scope for a good price (299) on TGX. Is this a good rifle for elk? Is it also a good long distance precision shooting caliber? Thanks!

As far as the rifle goes it’s a commercial mauser CRF about as solid as they come. I have / have owned many in various calibers (my screen namesake). Caliber wise, a 7RM will do about anything that can be done in north america. At that price I’d buy two of them lol. Good luck!

I have my dad's Interarms Mark X in 30-06. Shoots sub minute with handloads but needs 5 minutes to cool after a 3 shot string or it starts shooting fliers. Not a problem for a hunting rifle.

The Mauser 98 action is not Tikka smooth and likes to be worked hard. It will fling an empty case over 20 ft though lol. My Mauser action will not eject a spent shell if I baby it pulling it back. Yank that sucker back like your fighting on the Eastern Front and the guy on the bench next to you better watch out.