Thoughts on KUIU Waders?

hobolance

FNG
Has anybody tried the new KUIU wading system yet? Any thoughts on how it performs versus the Sitka ones or with other simms waders?

Wheels

WKR
It's beyond me why they would introduce a new wader in 2023 without a front zipper. In that price point, 99% of waterfowl hunters are going with the zip front waders, but I'm sure the fanboys will buy them and tell everyone that zippers are overrated.

Jon_G

WKR
It's beyond me why they would introduce a new wader in 2023 without a front zipper. In that price point, 99% of waterfowl hunters are going with the zip front waders, but I'm sure the fanboys will buy them and tell everyone that zippers are overrated.
😂 My thoughts exactly

OP
H

hobolance

FNG
They are made in partnership with Simms but I don't think any simms waders are zipfront correct me if im wrong, and people rave about the G3 and G4

the only other ones in that range are chene and sitka waders which do have zip

ncstewart

WKR
I’m honestly just wondering why get into waterfowl gear? Thought they were light weight mnt company. I’m no Kuiu hater and actually do use some of there pieces but gonna hard pass on $900 waders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
They are made in partnership with Simms but I don't think any simms waders are zipfront correct me if im wrong, and people rave about the G3 and G4

You’re wrong. G4Z

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

g4 has a zipper.

I’m honestly just wondering why get into waterfowl gear? Thought they were light weight mnt company. I’m no Kuiu hater and actually do use some of there pieces but gonna hard pass on $900 waders.

Why.... because diehard serious waterfowlers spend more on gear than most deer/elk hunter times 1000.

ncstewart

WKR
Why.... because diehard serious waterfowlers spend more on gear than most deer/elk hunter times 1000.

I agree man I live in Arkansas so I get it but Kuiu is not a really known brand here with most average hunters. Maybe there markets will change that but it just seems weird to me. Like if drake, Mack’s prairie or Avery gonna start build pack frames……

ncstewart

WKR
Maybe the market with western duck hunting is better than I realize. I just thought honestly that most duck hunters are Midwest to Mississippi fly way folk.

Tx270WT

FNG
Simms waders with kuiu branding. A little sticker shock but other than that, basically a camo version of the upper end simms.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe the market with western duck hunting is better than I realize. I just thought honestly that most duck hunters are Midwest to Mississippi fly way folk.

Waterfowling out west is actually huge. It’s definitely traditionally thought of the way you were thinking, and I personally still wish it was! Used to be that most big game guys scoffed at waterfowling. That has definitely changed in a big way the last 15 years. A few guys would hunt waterfowl one or two times a year. Now it’s just as crazy waterfowling as any hunt out there. Social media and forums really opened folks eyes to how awesome waterfowling really is. Can’t tell you how many older guys used to tell me how dumb going out in the freezing cold to chase a stinky duck was. Oh how I wish everyone felt that way.

ncstewart

WKR
Waterfowling out west is actually huge. It’s definitely traditionally thought of the way you were thinking, and I personally still wish it was! Used to be that most big game guys scoffed at waterfowling. That has definitely changed in a big way the last 15 years. A few guys would hunt waterfowl one or two times a year. Now it’s just as crazy waterfowling as any hunt out there. Social media and forums really opened folks eyes to how awesome waterfowling really is. Can’t tell you how many older guys used to tell me how dumb going out in the freezing cold to chase a stinky duck was. Oh how I wish everyone felt that way.

I can understand that man.

Brendan

WKR
Not Kuiu, but I paid retail price for my Sitka Zip Front Waders and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, they might be the piece of gear I own I regret the absolute least. There are times when expensive gear really is worth it, staying warm and comfortable in late season waterfowl hunts is worth it. I have a set of stocking-foot Orvis waders I love, but they're just not warm enough.

And, to add some geographical diversity, I hunt the Atlantic Flyway: Massachusetts and New Hampshire primarily and our season runs from September 1 to February 15th. We're dodging ice in the northern atlantic and coastal tributaries by the late season.

And while we're at it, Black Ducks are cracked out a**holes :D

I agree man I live in Arkansas so I get it but Kuiu is not a really known brand here with most average hunters. Maybe there markets will change that but it just seems weird to me. Like if drake, Mack’s prairie or Avery gonna start build pack frames……

The difference is that if Avery built a frame pack it would be dogshit.

Good waders are a highly technical piece of gear and that is in the wheelhouse of companies like Kuiu and Sitka.

The good old boy types who want to buy a new pair of neoprene waders every other year are not the target audience here. They're selling to the guys who have money and want one pair to last for the foreseeable future. Besides, now that you have the option to finance purchases like expensive waders it makes the purchase more approachable. I bet they sell a ton of them.

Kuiu and Sitka aren't highly technical design firms, they are marketing machines.
Did I say that they are? I personally could give a shit where the they are designed. If I'm buying the product, they are the seller.

Also, what does that have to do with the waders being discussed?