Tikka bolt handles

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Has anybody used the mtn gear titanium bolt handles on a tikka? If so, how do you like them, any pics would be appreciated.

I’d also be interested in any other bolt handle “upgrades” out there. Thanks.

i have 3 of the lumley intermediate shapes on my tikkas. took some wiggling to get it installed, tolerances were tight. think they are more 1/3 less than the mtn tactical. also tried the carbon ball but I like this shape better

PXL_20230801_022348050.jpg

the tourbon rubber balls are also a budget option.

atmat

WKR
Has anybody used the mtn gear titanium bolt handles on a tikka? If so, how do you like them, any pics would be appreciated.

I’d also be interested in any other bolt handle “upgrades” out there. Thanks.
What are you trying to improve upon over the standard tikka stainless bolt handle? I’ve tried a bunch of different ones and didn’t feel they offered any real benefit to me, so I always went back.

Some are so large and intrusive they’re almost annoying on a field rifle.

I also went with the Lumley Ti bolt handle/carbon bolt knob but really didn't like the crazy big carbon bolt knob so sent it off to Karl Feldkamp @ Kampfeld Customs and had Karl put on one of his Campfire knobs. I like it, its bigger over the stock one but not as big as the carbon.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What are you trying to improve upon over the standard tikka stainless bolt handle? I’ve tried a bunch of different ones and didn’t feel they offered any real benefit to me, so I always went back.

Some are so large and intrusive they’re almost annoying on a field rifle.
Maybe just a better/larger gripping surface, I agree that it probably won't add any drastic improvements and lie you said I definetly don't want a big bulky one.

Juan_ID

WKR
I tried the sterk on the factory stock and it almost cost me a buck last season due to me bumping it up just enough to disengage the firing pin when the trigger is pulled. I’ve been using the ctr ball on the last few since then and like that quite a bit. Easy to manipulate but not overly obtrusive to me.

Reactions: NSI

NSI

WKR
I, too, have the Lumley's titanium lever and long carbon knob. I have no complaints on the lever, though a small carbon ball would be more efficient for hunting. I thought the long carbon knob would help bolt lift via leverage, but it gets in the way. I'll be replacing it with a ball.

I also have the Anarchy Outdoors swept levers for my t3x and t1x competition guns. They are inferior to the Sterk swept knobs with balls attached, because the leverage direction on a swept knob will always unscrew an attachment unless it is threaded correctly and Anarchy failed to do that.

-J

Harvey_NW

WKR
I just put the Mtn Tactical handle with the Outdoorsman knob on, and I love it. I hate the feeling of a ball, and I prefer not swept. Not the best pic, but a pic nonetheless.

20230830_193011.jpg

I just put a MT outdoorsman on my recent build. I like the feel.

I honestly don't remember who's is on my 7-08AI, but it is one of the larger pineapple-types (and all SS). I didn't replace the one on my Cabelas D-18 (similar to the Veil or Roughtech) as it is just fine as it is.IMG-3152.jpg

MrMcFly93

FNG
I sent my factory handle in to Sam at Polished Knob in Montana, I think it was 225 total for the fluting, handle machining, tapping and inserting the headstamped brass that I sent in the shroud was mountain tactical I believe and I had my local guy coat it so his black was the same as the bottom metal and brake.6428C870-8F97-4A9B-BE33-78FF6CBDB8E0.jpeg

robtattoo

WKR
I've put the $8 Tourbon rubber knobs on all my rifles now. It makes manipulation much easier without adding a bunch of length. With a little intentional violence & superglue you can even persuade them over Remington 700 oval knobs. Hell of a worthwhile upgrade.Screenshot_20240123_180233_Gallery.jpg

Smooch

FNG
I also went with the Lumley Ti bolt handle/carbon bolt knob but really didn't like the crazy big carbon bolt knob so sent it off to Karl Feldkamp @ Kampfeld Customs and had Karl put on one of his Campfire knobs. I like it, its bigger over the stock one but not as big as the carbon.

Do you have any pictures of the campfire knob from Kampfeld's on the gun? Looking at this option myself, or possibly the hunter.

Do you have any pictures of the campfire knob from Kampfeld's on the gun? Looking at this option myself, or possibly the hunter.
The one in the middle is the Campfire bolt knob that Karl put on the Ti handle. It comes with the carbon one on the left which is way too big IMHO. His a just right, I've had a bunch of the Campfire ones done on model 700's.