Tikka Bolts

SloppyJ

WKR
This might be a stupid question but why hasn't someone come out with aftermarket Tikka bolts? Either ones you can change the bolt face on or just full bolt replacements?

I'm gearing up to a do a new build and I'd really like to try a Tikka. I'd like to set one up for 6mm but with the ability to run 6.5PRC in the future. Naturally, something like a Zermatt with interchangeable bolt heads is appealing. However, grabbing a 1:8 twist .243 Tikka and chopping it down would be very easy and cost effective. Throw a new stock on and I'm done for the most part.

The only thing that is holding me back is that it doesn't seem very feasible to be able to purchase a new bolt later down the road and this thought popped into my head last night. Someone could make a killing if they made bolts.

cjcavinaw

FNG
You can buy tikka bolts on JA outdoors and theres a couple companies making aftermarket stripped boots that you can do. The other thing I heard was that unknown munitions was working on a tikka bolt with interchangeable bolt heads.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

The nice thing about tikkas is you can get 2 actions, 2 quality triggers, and two functioning bottom metals for the price of 1 custom action. Also they’re extremely popular to build on the slide so if you need a different bolt in the future it’s not hard to trade with someone.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
You can buy tikka bolts on JA outdoors and theres a couple companies making aftermarket stripped boots that you can do. The other thing I heard was that unknown munitions was working on a tikka bolt with interchangeable bolt heads.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I thought that's what they might have been hinting at. If that's the case then I might stick with a TIkka build for this one. They can send me a free one for hyping it up!

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider

PR Precision out of Canada makes replacemeant bolt bodies. You need to swap out the extractor, ejector, firing pin, etc from an existing bolt or buy those via JA or some other source.

I did email Paul a few weeks ago and he will ship to the US, but I don’t own one (yet) so can‘t comment further.

UM says they are going to make tikka bolts some time here. They are having BAT actions make them for them but there isn’t an eta yet.

PR Precision out of Canada makes replacemeant bolt bodies. You need to swap out the extractor, ejector, firing pin, etc from an existing bolt or buy those via JA or some other source.

I did email Paul a few weeks ago and he will ship to the US, but I don’t own one (yet) so can‘t comment further.
I have one. It's excellent. He will install the extractor and ejector for you if you like. Then all you do is swap the cocking assembly and bolt handle. I switch between 223 and 308 on my rifle almost weekly and I have no issues with his bolt body.

Paul is a great dude and his work is top notch. The shorty Bartlein barrel he chambered up for me is a hammer and ultra consistent.

His barrel vise and internal action wrench is top notch as well.

I recommend his work to anyone.

The nice thing about tikkas is you can get 2 actions, 2 quality triggers, and two functioning bottom metals for the price of 1 custom action. Also they’re extremely popular to build on the slide so if you need a different bolt in the future it’s not hard to trade with someone.

Can you show me where to find those deals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mikey_B79

FNG
I have one. It's excellent. He will install the extractor and ejector for you if you like. Then all you do is swap the cocking assembly and bolt handle. I switch between 223 and 308 on my rifle almost weekly and I have no issues with his bolt body.

Paul is a great dude and his work is top notch. The shorty Bartlein barrel he chambered up for me is a hammer and ultra consistent.

His barrel vise and internal action wrench is top notch as well.

I recommend his work to anyone.
I have his bottom metal on my Tikka and it's really well-made, I'd put it up against any other out there. He also did a bolt knob for me and it turned out perfect, the work is excellent and he's super friendly and great to deal with.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Ok I’ll play your game.

What sporting goods store in America sells just Tikka actions and how much do they cost?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he meant you can buy two rifles (with actions) for the price of some customs actions. Then you can build whatever you want with the tikka.

Ps ja outdoors sells tikka actions for 7-800 bucks.

Ok I’ll play your game.

What sporting goods store in America sells just Tikka actions and how much do they cost?

Ok I’ll play your game.

a tikka is $770 at most stores, you’re aware of but trying to make some obscure point. That gives you an action, quality trigger, and a bottom metal for less than half the price of popular defiance, lone peak, and bat actions. That’s why they’re popular. I regret building my rifle off of a defiance actions because I prefer my tikka builds and they cost a fraction of the price to put together. I’m aware there’s upsides to quality custom actions. I was just pointing out tikkas are popular because of how cheap and easy it is to build a great rifle. The OP was saying that he was interested in a Zermat so that he could switch barrels between 6.5 PRC and 6 creed. You can buy two tikkas and screw the barrels off for what a Zermatt, trigger, and bottom metal will cost.

Last edited: