Tikka Bolts

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he meant you can buy two rifles (with actions) for the price of some customs actions. Then you can build whatever you want with the tikka.

Ps ja outdoors sells tikka actions for 7-800 bucks.

He may have, but the way it was worded it sounded like he was specifically mentioned parts and not rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Understood, I mis interpreted your post.

To your point however, I did recently
help a buddy of mine budget out a custom rifle. In the end a custom Tikka only ended up being ~$200 less to build than a comparable R700 pattern custom using a Pierce Shadow action.

I can’t imagine ever putting my factory Tikka in the same category as my customs because a factory rifle will always be a compromise of something if not multiple items.

NSI

WKR
Understood, I mis interpreted your post.

To your point however, I did recently
help a buddy of mine budget out a custom rifle. In the end a custom Tikka only ended up being ~$200 less to build than a comparable R700 pattern custom using a Pierce Shadow action.

I can’t imagine ever putting my factory Tikka in the same category as my customs because a factory rifle will always be a compromise of something if not multiple items.

That's a good point. At least the Pierce Shadow doesn't compromise on something (if not multiple items). Would be a shame if the Pierce Shadow lacked a rail, or used a notoriously unreliable trigger mechanism.

-J

That's a good point. At least the Pierce Shadow doesn't compromise on something (if not multiple items). Would be a shame if the Pierce Shadow lacked a rail, or used a notoriously unreliable trigger mechanism.

-J

I hear all of this about unreliable R700 style triggers.

I’ve been shooting them for about 40 years and have not experienced a single failure. Over that time I’ve run the old style pre X Mark triggers, X Mark, X Mark Pro, Jewell, Timney and Trigger Tech triggers.

I’m not naïve enough to believe that they don’t fail or haven’t failed. I’ve just not experienced it in over 40 years of using them.

Spoonbill

WKR

PR Precision out of Canada makes replacemeant bolt bodies. You need to swap out the extractor, ejector, firing pin, etc from an existing bolt or buy those via JA or some other source.

I did email Paul a few weeks ago and he will ship to the US, but I don’t own one (yet) so can‘t comment further.
That’s awesome someone is making left hand 223 bolt bodies in left hand, it took a bit of digging around for me to find a left hand 223 tikka.

Lawnboi

WKR
Got me a 223 bolt, now I can get a match 223 barrel and shoot matches on the cheap.

Part of me likes my 6 creed, but another part of me just wants to burn 24 grains of powder at a pop, shoot 40 cent or less bullets and enjoy 3k plus barrel life.

Reactions: NSI

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider

PR Precision out of Canada makes replacemeant bolt bodies. You need to swap out the extractor, ejector, firing pin, etc from an existing bolt or buy those via JA or some other source.

I did email Paul a few weeks ago and he will ship to the US, but I don’t own one (yet) so can‘t comment further.
For anyone interested in a body only Tikka bolt swap, I just got an email from Paul and he has new bolt bodies back from nitriding.

.223, PPC, .308, and Magnum bolt faces in both RH and LH configurations are available.

wyosam

WKR
Got me a 223 bolt, now I can get a match 223 barrel and shoot matches on the cheap.

Part of me likes my 6 creed, but another part of me just wants to burn 24 grains of powder at a pop, shoot 40 cent or less bullets and enjoy 3k plus barrel life.

Depending on what level of precision your matches require, you can likely double that 3k or more. My 223ai is at around 4500 and hasn’t shown any signs of deteriorating accuracy or velocity wonkiness (technical term).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Depending on what level of precision your matches require, you can likely double that 3k or more. My 223ai is at around 4500 and hasn’t shown any signs of deteriorating accuracy or velocity wonkiness (technical term).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d hope for more, I’m liking this idea more and more lately.