Tikka factory stock mods?

ElPollo

WKR
Anybody rebarrel a Tikka t3x sporter in a factory stock? I’m thinking about going up a little bit in contour. I’m not concerned about the bottom of the barrel channel, but what about the forearm rails? Can I trim them back a little to free float without fear of making a hole? I’m thinking a #3 or #4 sporter for a little added stiffness. Is this more trouble than it’s worth?

Thanks…

It can be done. I opened up my factory stock to accept a Proof carbon barrel in Sendero contour. It looked terrible but the rifle shot fine during the barrel break in. I was waiting for my Mesa Precision Altitude to come in.

Thanks. I’m not planning anything that aggressive, more like opening the channel by 0.05-0.07”. Not sold on the idea yet.

I just opened up mine to free float the barrel on my roughtech which has heavier contour barrel still have plenty of room for more. I wouldn’t worry about it at all!
Ryan

I just opened up mine to free float the barrel on my roughtech which has heavier contour barrel still have plenty of room for more. I wouldn’t worry about it at all!
Ryan
Thanks, Ryan. I don’t know why I didn’t think about those new heavier profile Tikkas.

Back