Tikka folding stock?

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Are my only options the mdt hnt26 and the xlr element 4.0 and is it silly spending $1500 on a chassis for a $1300 rifle? I have a t3x lite d-18 cabelas exclusive I would want to put it in. The idea being a handier boat gun/ car gun / looks cool gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the idea is to make it cool, boat/car gun and weight are not a major concern, then consider the Aluminum Element 4.0. you can purchase just the chassis block ($375) plus the folding adapter ($145.00) and then purchase if you do not already have a cheap AR buttstock 40-80 and a cheap flat top AR grip ~$10
You could be in the 500-600 range, depending on the buttstock and grip you select pretty easily. Now, will you have some of the benefits of higher-end components for fitment to the rifle or weight savings? Probably not. But you very well might see an accuracy increase and gain the folding, integrated Arca Swiss, bubble level, and modularity of the chassis. Meaning you can update as time goes on with higher end buttstock and grips and could turn into your dream gun. .

If the idea is to make it cool, boat/car gun and weight are not a major concern, then consider the Aluminum Element 4.0. you can purchase just the chassis block ($375) plus the folding adapter ($145.00) and then purchase if you do not already have a cheap AR buttstock 40-80 and a cheap flat top AR grip ~$10
You could be in the 500-600 range, depending on the buttstock and grip you select pretty easily. Now, will you have some of the benefits of higher-end components for fitment to the rifle or weight savings? Probably not. But you very well might see an accuracy increase and gain the folding, integrated Arca Swiss, bubble level, and modularity of the chassis. Meaning you can update as time goes on with higher end buttstock and grips and could turn into your dream gun. .

It would also be my hunting gun so I would prefer the lighter options like the magnesium chassis

I have my tikkas in XLR chassis. I love them. I love the folding stock and arca rail as we shoot off a tripod. To me it’s worth it. I think tikkas are great guns. Have an great action and trigger. The thing I like Least about tikkas is the stock. So putting them in an XLr chassis is a no brained for me and makes it a semi custom gun for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3519.jpeg
    IMG_3519.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 39
I have my tikkas in XLR chassis. I love them. I love the folding stock and arca rail as we shoot off a tripod. To me it’s worth it. I think tikkas are great guns. Have an great action and trigger. The thing I like Least about tikkas is the stock. So putting them in an XLr chassis is a no brained for me and makes it a semi custom gun for me.

Thanks for the write up. Would a 300 wsm be under a short or long action? I know that you can build them on short actions but all tikkas are long action so I’m not sure which option to pick.

Thanks for the write up. Would a 300 wsm be under a short or long action? I know that you can build them on short actions but all tikkas are long action so I’m not sure which option to pick.

Go long action if you plan to reload. If not, short action will work fine with factory ammo. Plus you’ll have more mag options.

Go long action if you plan to reload. If not, short action will work fine with factory ammo. Plus you’ll have more mag options.

I don’t have any plans to reload and want to run factory federal 200 ta or barnes 165ttsx so short action is all good? Any recommendations on mags?

I don’t have any plans to reload and want to run factory federal 200 ta or barnes 165ttsx so short action is all good? Any recommendations on mags?

Definitely go short action. The longish action XLR tikka stock shoe horns you into really big heavy mags that kind of defeat the purpose.

Yeah you’ll be good. I’ve only ever used the 3 round AICS style mag that mdt sells and haven’t had any issues. When I said more mag options I thought Hawkins and unknown munitions made one but those mags will not work with a short action tikka.

Back