Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

What FPS are people getting with 77grains in 16-18’’ Tikka Factory barrels when loaded for Factory synthetic magazine length?

What FPS are people getting with 77grains in 16-18’’ Tikka Factory barrels when loaded for Factory synthetic magazine length?
2800ish with TMK’s outta my 18” barreled T3X
That’s with Black Hills factory though

Right at/just under 2800 fps with 17 inch barrel and TBAC Ultra 7. Handloads to factory mag length with 24.5 gr TAC.

how those of you with 34mm scopes, how are you guys mounting them to the tikka? I am getting an Athlon ETR 3-18 with 34mm tube and trying to figure out the best solution. Right now between the UM 34mm plus the $50 bubble add on or Hawkins LRH with built in bubble. Mainly going to be used for hunting in Northern CA

Alright guys let's see those tikka "rokslide special's"

EDIT: defining a RSS aka Rokslide Special

Rokslide Special- mostly unaltered Tikkas in 223/6/6.5, SWFA, sportsmatch rings, standard barrel length or cut with can, factory or aftermarket stock.

Edit to add that the new UM rings and level also meet the requirements.

I know they'll all pretty much look close to the same but I can't get enough gun setup pictures lately.
I'm currently not so patiently waiting for my sportsmatch rings and swfa 6x to come in off backorder, so who knows how long it will before I have mine together and out to shoot. Tell me about yours.

If you don't mind post a picture or two and share some kills or groups or both

Thanks guys!

Here's mine waiting for that scope and rings

Can you guys tell me if this pattern was a factory offering?

Stainless 8 twist 223 T3 Superlite, 22" threaded 1/2-28, aftermarket trigger spring and short picatinny on the forend.

Current plan is to order a set of UM rings, waiting to see if they release a 20 MOA version. I already ordered a Manners EH1-TK in GAP, either Mountain Tactical or UM bottom metal and run the modified factory magazine. I will probably replace the plastic bolt shroud at some point.

More than likely I overpaid for the package, but I am satisfied with it.

IMG_4113.jpeg

Back