Tikka Shooting Factory Ammo

Broz

WKR
Still looking at this. I went to Cabelas and look at the CA Mesa and Ridgeline. Broz, what advantages do you see with the Ridgeline over the Mesa for the application that I will be using it for? Mostly hunting, and getting proficient shooting longer distances.

The Ridgeline difference mainly is the carbon wrapped barrel. I personally prefer a larger barrel contour and the Christensen carbon wrapped barrel is stronger than steel of the same diameter, without the weight. The larger barrel diameters make for a larger diameter brake as well which will be more efficient in recoil reduction than a small diameter brake. That said, only you know if the added cost over the MESA will offer enough return for you.

Jeff

OP
U

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
Im thinking not, for the added cost I can pick up that SWFA scope, and 6 boxes of that ABM ammo you guys are shooting in your reviews and be off and running. That Ridgeline sure did look nice though. On average, would you say the Ridgeline would be inherently more accurate, or am I splitting hairs here?

By the way Jeff, nice site you have. I watched a lot of the video reviews, well done.

Last edited:

Broz

WKR
Im thinking not, for the added cost I can pick up that SWFA scope, and 6 boxes of that ABM ammo you guys are shooting in your reviews and be off and running. That Ridgeline sure did look nice though. On average, would you say the Ridgeline would be inherently more accurate, or am I splitting hairs here?

By the way Jeff, nice site you have. I watched a lot of the video reviews, well done.

Thank you, I think accuracy will be more rifle / ammo specific. Since there is not a huge weight difference. However I do feel the larger brake would tend to be more accurate in a light magnum, but if you have a reasonable tolerance for recoil, I think you will be fine.

Jeff

Jon Boy

WKR
Anyone know how long the Browning hells canyon series of rifles can fit and cycle? That could be a good option if you could get the ABM 215 bergers to fit in there.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk