Tikka Trigger Assembly ? (Extra Spring)

wyogoat

WKR
I feel dumb asking this and I searched but can’t find it’s been asked before and couldn’t google up an answer…
I did the barrel swap on an older T3 and between whacking the action wrench and carrying the barreled action around the house the safety loosened up and slid out. Everything fell right to the floor so no big deal and I have the safety spring and safety figured out but I have a small coil spring that I can’t figure out where it goes.
Without that spring everything functions fine for one dry fire but when operating the bolt the rifle doesn’t cock. If that makes sense.
Pic attached and it’s the small coil spring. I have to manually push a small piece at the back of the trigger assembly to get it to operate correctly and being in a stock doesn’t matter.
Thanks in advance. IMG_5275.jpeg

Thanks. I don’t see how it can be the trigger spring if I didn’t do anything with that adjustment screw right? And it wasn’t under much tension because it just fell and the trigger operates correctly.

Figured it out. The spring goes in the hole in the rear of the sear(?) and is held in place by the safety. Pushes against that safety bar from the inside.
Thanks for the help and just in case anyone else ever does this…

Attachments

• IMG_5277.jpeg
    IMG_5277.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 8
Back