Titanium stove help?

Figured I’d ask here for some help first. I just bought a SO 8 man tipi and getting ready to purchase a stove. I’m either going with the SO XL or a kni-co trekker or packer or Alaskan. Light weight isn’t my main influencer in my decision. Ease of use and cost are. With that said, I have a Tigoat 6.5 vertex that I purchased used with a stove. I’ve never taken the stove out of the bag but since I knew it was titanium and similar to weight of a SO o decided to take it out tonight and put together. I think I’m missing some parts. Here are some pics. The stove pipe is high enough that I believe it will work with the 8 man, and if I can figure it out, I can grab the heavier stove and have two different stoves. Of course the Jack might give some issues.

I assume this is a Tigoat stove but not sure since the website is down. I can’t figure out how to mount the legs or the stove pipe to the stove. I was surprised at how simple the pipe rolled up, but not sure if it’s correct.

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1615.jpeg
    IMG_1615.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1614.jpeg
    IMG_1614.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 25
I have no input on the ti goat stove you have, unfortunately you'll have to wait on someone to come along with that info.

I do have experience with the SO stoves as well as the Kni-Co options.

IMO, if space and weight aren't a concern I'd pick the Kni-Co stoves 10 times out of 10. I believe I have a trekker(would need to go measure as I bought it years ago and honestly don't remember). Its been a hell of a solid stove considering how light it is and how easy it is to set up.

The SO stoves are nice, but they're somewhat fiddly to set up, and they're not airtight enough to keep a burn all night if that's your objective. Its not that the Kni-Co options are super airtight, but I've been able to get it roaring, load it up and damp it down and still have some coals come morning. I can imagine the Alaskan is probably even better as it has a bigger firebox than mine.

The selling point of the SO options is how compact/light they are. You seem to already have that covered.

OP
Y
I have no input on the ti goat stove you have, unfortunately you'll have to wait on someone to come along with that info.

I do have experience with the SO stoves as well as the Kni-Co options.

IMO, if space and weight aren't a concern I'd pick the Kni-Co stoves 10 times out of 10. I believe I have a trekker(would need to go measure as I bought it years ago and honestly don't remember). Its been a hell of a solid stove considering how light it is and how easy it is to set up.

The SO stoves are nice, but they're somewhat fiddly to set up, and they're not airtight enough to keep a burn all night if that's your objective. Its not that the Kni-Co options are super airtight, but I've been able to get it roaring, load it up and damp it down and still have some coals come morning. I can imagine the Alaskan is probably even better as it has a bigger firebox than mine.

The selling point of the SO options is how compact/light they are. You seem to already have that covered.
Thanks. I’m not even sure if mine is a Tigoat. It came with the tipi and I did find it fairly simple to set up, but the piping seems loose. I’m thinking that the tipi will keep it set in place? At least that’s what I’m hoping. But not sure how to attach legs to it.

My buddy has the trekker and it impressed me. I liked that it wasn’t super heavy, but was super fast to set up. And that time saving would be nice.

I’ll more than likely have two tipis and now I’ll have two stoves. Unless I opt to sell the smaller set up to offset the larger set up.

I decided last night that I’ll be getting the packer instead of the Alaskan. Same length burn box as the Alaskan but smaller like the trekker. 12.5 lbs vs 10.5lbs. Weight matters to me, even though I’m using a boat. But the ease of setting up and the sturdiness of that kni-co is almost a no brainer. Plus Cabelas offers free shipping to my house.

I’m setting the tipi up tonight and will tinker with what I think are the legs in this titanium stove. I also want to tinker with the stove fitting with the pipe. I doesn’t feel like it’ll work as it is.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
If it's like the lite outdoors stove the thicker ring you have around the stove pipe goes inside the pipe. The stove pipe just rests in the stove. Couldn't tell you how the legs work without seeing them

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

OP
Y
If it's like the lite outdoors stove the thicker ring you have around the stove pipe goes inside the pipe. The stove pipe just rests in the stove. Couldn't tell you how the legs work without seeing them

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
The legs picture didn’t load. I kind of figured out how to do the legs but I’ll need to drill holes into the stove.

OP
Y
Here are the pics that didn’t load.

Attachments

• 71997997899__E25305A6-833C-49A5-87E2-B1E09D3BD046.jpeg
    71997997899__E25305A6-833C-49A5-87E2-B1E09D3BD046.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1610.jpeg
    IMG_1610.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 71997847206__BF93B33D-362E-42F4-A042-6FA1CE7C883A.jpeg
    71997847206__BF93B33D-362E-42F4-A042-6FA1CE7C883A.jpeg