“Together We Carry On” Film

Thanks for posting this, I was looking for it last night and couldn’t remember who made it. I’m gonna have to watch later tonight.

Awesome video and inspirational story.
The term “carry on” in the Corps means to resume work or duties. I am not sure if Sitka is using it to describe the physical carrying of Johnathan up and down the mountains or to describe Johnathan’s amazing will to keep living life to the fullest. Maybe it’s not my place to comment or bring personal experience and feelings into this thread. But first off, I want to say there are some amazing people in the world. And some of them helped put this hunt together, including the hunt donors, WSF, guides and Canol outfitters.
And there is Jonathan, an amazing Marine with the desire to do the unthinkable after having sustained life changing injuries while serving his country.

I admit this was very difficult for me to watch because of my own experiences in combat. At the same time, I am so happy to see my fellow Marine strive to success after all he has sacrificed. There is a saying I hear often, “the young man’s dream of being a hero in war is often the old man’s nightmares”. From my experience it is true. I am not sure of Johnathan’s motivation to achieve what he accomplished on this hunt, but regardless of his motivation we should all admire his inspiration, especially for our Veterans who have been seriously injured and fight demons from serving in combat.

When I went on my Dall hunt it was just under ten years from when I finished a year long deployment in Marjah, Afghanistan. I was worried I was tough enough to get it done. Seeing this film now makes those worries seem stupid. When Johnathan comments about “embracing the suck” together, it’s means more than what most of us on Rokslide understand as an experience. Sure, sheep hunters are tough and have embraced challenging terrain, the weight of heavy packs, sleeping on the mountain, and the hardships of the hunt. But for a Marine “embracing the suck” can mean so much more. Marines don’t get a choice about the hardships once one joins the Corps. They don’t spend thousands of dollars on self imposed challenges. They embrace the challenges our Marine Corps demands upon them which often includes serving on foreign soil with little to no contact with family for months. And especially they don’t get to decide who gets to come back home.

Again, hats off to Canol outfitters and Jonathan’s guides for making this happen.

Johnathan, my Brother, I don’t know you but am inspired by your accomplishments and it helps me fight my own demons. May God continue to bless you with great achievements.
Semper Fidelis
Habu 6 - out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Marine4life, many thanks to you, to Jonathan and to all who have stood in the breach and served this country as warriors.

Amazing to watch. All of those guys who sacrificed their lives deserve so much but yet get so little. Glad this guy was able to experience a hunt like that. Everyone who was involved deserves a thank you.

My brother and I were both in the Marine infantry and each of us served two tours in Afghanistan. By good grace and a stroke of luck we made it back home in one piece. Sadly we know too many men who can’t say the same.

This one hit me right in the feelings. I don’t know Jonathan, but watching this resonates so much that it makes him seem so familiar to me; and I’m damn proud of him.

Yeah, that was emotional, inspiring, and humbling in so many ways.

Thanks to all who have and continue to serve.

Saw that at the Sheep Show this year during one of the big dinners. Brought tears to many eyes and a massive standing ovation from the entire house. Good job to all involved!

That was absolutely amazing. Gives a whole new meaning to caring someone on your back. to everyone who helped him with that hunting, thank you, you are amazing people.

Back