Toray versus Schoeller fabrics

MattBC

FNG
For those of you with experience using both Toray and Schoeller fabrics which do you like better and why? For myself, i work in the outdoors every single day. I've found wearing Mammut pants with Schoeller fabric to be the most durable pants out there. The Mammut pants also seem to have a DWR coating that lasts WAY longer than the Kudos DWR that Kuiu applies to the Toray.
The Kuiu attack pants have been durable for the most part but the fabric seems to act like a sponge after wearing the pants for a few weeks and the DWR is a bit of a joke compared to the Mammut pants. I think the Kuiu pants with Toray would be an awesome combination for a late season lightweight pant if they could offer it in a snow camo.

What are your thoughts?

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
My Mammut pants are in a Schoeller fabric. The "pilled" quickly. The DWR was effective as long at the pants were clean. No different than any of the other DWR treated clothes I wear. If the clothing is dirty, the DWR effectiveness is cut way, way down.

rga

FNG
I think both of them are good fabrics, DWR lose effective if you wash your hunting clothing in wrong way.
How many washed you did to your pants? usually good DWR should be keep min 50 washed.

jherald

WKR
Use a detergent made for DWR, some actually restore the DWR totally. REI usually has stuff in stock for outdoor garments.