Treadmills....

The wife wants a treadmill for Christmas. My little bit of searching reveals that quality treadmills are quite expensive. I don't really have a budget, but I don't like overpaying for anything if I can help it. Has anyone bought one they're happy with that they felt was a good value? I see a lot of nightmares of broken parts, bad electronics and things like that out there.

The wife wants a treadmill for Christmas. My little bit of searching reveals that quality treadmills are quite expensive. I don't really have a budget, but I don't like overpaying for anything if I can help it. Has anyone bought one they're happy with that they felt was a good value? I see a lot of nightmares of broken parts, bad electronics and things like that out there.

Sorry I can’t lead you to where to purchase one. But my wife had me pick up one that was free on FB marketplace 4 years ago.

It was a discontinued life fitness brand. At the time of manufacture it was a $2500 retail treadmill. It was the top of the line consumer model. I am 280 pounds and it will take me running on it with out any issue. I do a lot of backpack cardio on it with a 50 pound pack when it is either too cold, raining or trying to squeeze in an extra workout because I ate too much crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whisky

WKR
After going through multiple "bang for buck" treadmills I finally broke down and bought a Landice L7. Probably overkill for a light lady. But it's been good to my fat ass for quite a few years now.

My wife wanted a tread climber so went with that. It will really work your legs. My next piece of equipment will probably be a good rowing machine or the max trainer from Bowflex. If you go with a treadmill get one that you can increase the degree of the tread. Like you are walking up a steep hill. Nordictrack has some good ones.

fishslap

WKR
Do not get a proform. I returned one to scheels after it was all crooked after assembly. I got a bow flex instead but haven’t even used it yet now that it cooled off outside. I looked at sole also. After carrying the proform down to the basement and assembling it, I paid the delivery and assembly fee on the bow flex and it was worth it. The three guys that scheels sent were top notch.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Got a nordictrac 1750 last year.

Great for those morning runs.
15 degree incline. More than enough horsepower and the Ifit is nice to change things up. Would get again. And what I thought was reasonably priced.

mlgc20

WKR
We got a NordicTrac T6.5 earlier this Spring. So far so good. We got it on Amazon. I paid the extra $25 to get it delivered anywhere in the house. Instead of just on the door step. Best $25 I’ve ever spent. A quality treadmill is way heavier and bulkier than I realized.

If you're not necessarily dead set on a treadmill check out the Bowflex max trainer. They're awesome & you can find some great deals one them (Craigslist, etc) if you're a little patient.

Backyard

WKR
True makes and has made some solid units. More compact and quiet than most. Not real cheap, but all I hear on here is “buy once…” so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
I 3rd the Sole. It doesn't havea ton of bells and whistles, but very well built and comfortable to run on.

Buy a used one. There are a lot out there for a good price. Most people buy them, use them a few weeks, and then hang clothes on them. I was able to get a really nice one for a few hundred bucks.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a new ProForm Pro 7500 in January 2015 and paid $1350 shipped at the time. It has similar specs to the NordicTrac 1750 mentioned above. 4.0 CHP motor, 15% incline, ifit, some bells and a couple whistles. I haven't had any major issues with my ProForm and would buy it again, but I'd also buy that NordicTrac 1750 mentioned above. For me it would come down to whichever model was cheaper between those two. The only problem I've had has been squeaking noise developing every 6 months or so. I just spend 15-20 minutes taking covers off the machine, cleaning everything, lightly oiling stuff that might make noise, and I'm good for another 6 months. For reference, my weight hovers between 210-230 lbs and I'll put between 1-5 hours on the machine per week, walking, incline with a pack, jogging, and attempting to run.