Tricer Tripod, Head, and Bino Adapter Review, By Matt Cashell

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great review @Matt Cashell
I was wondering how they preformed being so light wieght. Did you find yourself twisting the leg locks backwards all the time or did it become intuitive after using for awhile?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Big fan of the Tricer LP. I currently have an older sirui tripod I use with it and I think it’s just above 2 lbs total set up. Think I may eventually try the Tricer BC if the sirui ever fails.

Sled

WKR
I picked set up on sale after the hunting season. Really nice setup in my opinion. I haven't spent much time behind it but it's solid enough for my use.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Great review @Matt Cashell
I was wondering how they preformed being so light wieght. Did you find yourself twisting the leg locks backwards all the time or did it become intuitive after using for awhile?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Thanks Sam.

Still twisting the wrong way on occasion. It’s operator error though.

Remember I’m a flip lock guy at heart though …

sr80

WKR
Is this the E-clip that is falling off on you guys??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 062005.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 062005.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 21

TXCO

WKR
I got an AD tripod and the pan head. Im pretty impressed. The weights were spot on. I havent had issues on the direction of the twist locks and really like them at the top vs bottom of the sections. It is long compared to other more compact tripods but I dont think its that big of a deal. The head has been good so far but I havent run any awkward angles on it yet. I went with the AD over the BC because when I rifle hunt I like the option to shoot off of a tripod standing like safari sticks when needed.

Between upgraded spotting scope (ATC), tripod, and misc accesories, I'll be saving over 2 lbs of weight this fall. With a RRS bino mount and a spare arca swiss adapter Im sub 3 lbs for my set up not counting bino or spotting scope weight.

Last edited:

TXCO

WKR
Saw today a new el range and nl pure barrel mount is coming in May. I may be able to save a few more ounces there now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran their AD tripod and LP head last season, thoroughly impressed with the weight. Ran a 65mm spotter on top of it and no stability issues whatsoever. Makes for a really nice and light glassing set-up.

wyroberts

FNG
That small retaining clip also fell off on my tripod. I didn't notice any issues with performance, but I set it aside just in case.
That's good to know it doesn't appear to affect the performance, but a little concerning when parts fall off. Especially if you don't notice it like you did and lose it on a hunt.