Tricks

BCsteve

WKR
I make my own fiberglass moose calls so don’t carry a scapula for scraping bushes, I use my call.

D18F96AC-7AC2-4DEC-BE63-986C4D588689.jpg

TXCO

WKR
My friend who guides cuts the bottom off a plastic handle of whiskey. Uses that to call and rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely not 50” & the angle wouldn’t encourage me to shoot based on brow tines.

I mostly cow call by mouth. I have had many instances where I have called a spot in the morning usually with a bull responding but won’t come in to a shooting lane. Return in the evening to harvest a bull that has bedded from my calling location.

If moose are around I do like to scrape the brush when I am moving, and as well will grunt every few steps to camouflage my human sound with moose like noise.

I prefer scapula or small shed to rake with over the plastic cut out bottle method. Reason I don’t like the plastic bottle (or magnet) is that you will invariably bonk that on your gear which sounds very unnatural & could spook a bull that you are working. Also the plastic bottle is frequently discarded either in camp or the field, and finding the discarded plastic pisses me off…