Tripod and Head for Kowa TSN 774 Non CCP

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
Getting older and my style of hunting has changed from horseback and tent backcountry hunting to day hikes and trips. Sold off my backpack equipment and spotter and getting into some new gear.
Nothing at all against Asian’s ( I purchased a KOWA), or the Chinese people, just the band of eight CCP thugs who are controlling China.
I have spent considerable time in China the past eight years and have many Chinese friends. I am just not purchasing any Chinese products at this time (over a couple hundred dollars) where I have an alternative.

That being said, I am having a difficult time finding a tripod and head that doesn’t cost more than a recently purchased KOWA TSN 74 that is not being manufactured in China. I am not wanting to spend $800+ for a tripod and $500+ for a head. I no longer back back or sheep hunt. Most of my use is walking up a canyon a mile or two at most from the vehicle and glassing from back country roads, and using the spotter out of the vehicle on a window mount.

I am 6’4” so I need a long tripod that I can stand up and glass with. I hunt in windy areas so sturdiness is important. I don’t need a ultralight weight. I may want to shoot off the tripod .

Any tripod suggestion?

Is there a head that will work for both glassing and shooting?

What do you guys use for a smooth efficient window mount setup to where you can also easily and quickly remove the spotter off the window mount and attach to your tripod. Other better window mount options for panning from the truck than the vortex, Bushnell units?

JDB9818

WKR
There are or have been some pretty good Outdoorsmans set-ups in the classifieds here lately for way less than the price of new. They are rock solid and made in the USA. A little heavier than the ultra light carbon stuff, but you say you wont be hiking with it that far.

Might be an option.