Tristar viper g2 20ga pattern

Figured I would share my setup here with everyone. Sometimes turkey hunting is overlooked but man has it become a passion for me. Been wanting a semi auto gun for awhile so decided to pickup a Tristar viper g2 in 20 ga. Already have a 12 setup so I wanted to do this one different everything is listed below

Tristar viper g2 turkey 20ga semi auto
Cabelas strata camo was on sale around $550

Indian creek choke tube $90 + ship

Apex small town blend tss round was $46 before March but have went up to $60ea

Sig Romeo5XDR red dot, this is the one with the circledot which I prefer for birds make it a little quicker for targwt acquisition. This unit is discontinued can find on eBay anywhere from 160 -200. Sometimes opticsplanet has them in the opmod (FDE) color on sale

Pattern below is at 40 yards, a little high I adjusted but damn that’s a killer pattern!
Thought I’d share my new setup if anyone is getting ready to chase a gobble this spring

286db685573f1f74b540fa8c469e62a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
Figured I would share my setup here with everyone. Sometimes turkey hunting is overlooked but man has it become a passion for me. Been wanting a semi auto gun for awhile so decided to pickup a Tristar viper g2 in 20 ga. Already have a 12 setup so I wanted to do this one different everything is listed below

Tristar viper g2 turkey 20ga semi auto
Cabelas strata camo was on sale around $550

Indian creek choke tube $90 + ship

Apex small town blend tss round was $46 before March but have went up to $60ea

Sig Romeo5XDR red dot, this is the one with the circledot which I prefer for birds make it a little quicker for targwt acquisition. This unit is discontinued can find on eBay anywhere from 160 -200. Sometimes opticsplanet has them in the opmod (FDE) color on sale

Pattern below is at 40 yards, a little high I adjusted but damn that’s a killer pattern!
Thought I’d share my new setup if anyone is getting ready to chase a gobble this spring

286db685573f1f74b540fa8c469e62a9.jpg

It’s incredible what these 20ga can do with the TSS. I have a similar setup but shoot Rogue instead of Apex and the shotgun is a Retay. I also have a Mossberg that patterns great with TSS and have shot turkeys out to 30 yards with no problem and is a pleasure to carry on those long hikes.

I've tried to find bad reviews on the Tristar.. Can't find them

TSS is a game changer for shotguns. I handload 28g with 1 oz of #9 TSS. It'll smack a turkey at 50 yards. I've gotten pretty darn good with my 28g,

My neighbors kid has killed ducks, doves, geese, swans, and turkey with his 20 gauge Tristar. That thing just keeps on ticking.

Finally it started acting up and they gave it to me to take a look at. I broke it down and it was filthy, I asked them if they had ever cleaned it and “yeah we scrub the barrel”. They had never taken the action apart so with a little cleaning that thing is good to go for another hassle free 5 years of making the birds pay lol

WCB

WKR
I've tried to find bad reviews on the Tristar.. Can't find them

TSS is a game changer for shotguns. I handload 28g with 1 oz of #9 TSS. It'll smack a turkey at 50 yards. I've gotten pretty darn good with my 28g,
I work in the "industry". They are not good guns and the issues I've seen with them go from working gun to a bad news quick. Not general fit and finish or function issues...more like gun now has missing parts issues. I wouldn't let anyone I hunt with shoot one.

I work in the "industry". They are not good guns and the issues I've seen with them go from working gun to a bad news quick. Not general fit and finish or function issues...more like gun now has missing parts issues. I wouldn't let anyone I hunt with shoot one.

You'd be the first negative review on tristar. I guess i found one

WCB

WKR
You'd be the first negative review on tristar. I guess i found one
Not saying you haven't seen bad reviews. But even a simple google search pulls up a bunch not only quality issues but customer service issues.

OP
Allen-samsal19
Just like anything else though, you want to find a bad “review” then you’ll find one. There are way more people out there quick to jump on the interwebs and complain about something then to praise it

HNTR918

WKR
Not saying you haven't seen bad reviews. But even a simple google search pulls up a bunch not only quality issues but customer service issues.
I bought a Tristar Viper g2 20ga this year.
I've put 600 rounds through it.
It cycles almost everything; slugs, turkey loads, waterfowl loads, upload loads, small game loads, and target loads.
Only 1 box didn't cycle well and it was the super cheap Winchester super target.
Out of a 25 round box it didn't pick up the next round 3 times.

HNTR918

WKR
This is my turkey pattern.
Tristar Viper G2 20ga.
Carlsons XR Turkey choke.
Vortex Venom red dot.
Pictures are 50, 60, 70, 80 yards.
Winchester long beard XR #5.

Attachments

• IMG_3556.jpeg
    IMG_3556.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 11