Turkey Grand Slam

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone complete the turkey grand slam on here. List on NWTF really isn’t that big but curious if anyone has any stories they wanna share. Think it’d be a cool accomplishment in a season.

I don't have a single season slam but I do have my slam. My buddy who has much more time and money than I do has several single season and even multi single season slams. All public land and has never hired a Guide or outfitter.

My wife has hers, took her 13 years. Was a pretty fun adventure, my favorite hunt was the Mexico Gould’s! Now she wants the royal slam.

OP
G

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a favorite species they’ve hunted? I’ve chased a lot of Rios and hunted Easterns.

hobbes

WKR
I hunted Easterns for years then moved west and only hunt them occasionally. I hunt Merriam's for the most part now. I'm not sure if I have a favorite. Easterns in the hardwood hills are hard to beat, but Merriam's in the mountains or ponderosa are hard to beat too.

bradb

WKR
I have a royal and booked to complete the world this spring. I have friends in the various states so I can do a slam pretty cheap and have done a few. I tracked every expense on my single season muzzle loading shotgun slam and from memory(like 6-7 years ago) it was $2500ish. I don't do FL much and probably won't, just doesn't seems as convenient as running West.

Attachments

• 20160212_121648.jpg
    20160212_121648.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 65

hobbes

WKR
I likely won't make it out of country so the 4 is probably as far as I'll get.

KHNC

WKR
Not single season, but ive done it. 3 of 4 with archery and 3 misses on the osceola with archery. Finally had to shoot one with a shotgun to complete it.

ZMax62

FNG
Have my slam but it took 6 years great experience seeing the different country they all live . My favorite was hunting with the white mountain apache tribe for my merriam

Jmoore

FNG
Royal here but not in single season. Went to Sonora for a Gould's then 2 years later drew 1 of 2 tags in NM for Gould's.

bradb

WKR
Just made my final points payment for my Oscellated. Other then flight all of it is paid for with Cabela's points

I dont' think I could pick a favorite.

Got 2 public land grand slams in a single season before. Up to 5 public land grand slams total. Plan on making it 6 this spring. I'll eventually add a Gould's to the list.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I'm not a big Turkey hunter but I used to get after it pretty hard.
Now I would love to get an Ocellated.

dtrkyman

WKR
No slam, I have 3. Not too interested in going all the way down to Florida to complete it. I can hunt 6 convenient states for less money than a trip for an Osceola. I guess I could get into the draw for some of the public stuff but not interested at this time.

No slam, I have 3. Not too interested in going all the way down to Florida to complete it. I can hunt 6 convenient states for less money than a trip for an Osceola. I guess I could get into the draw for some of the public stuff but not interested at this time.
You don't need to draw to hunt public land turkey in Florida.