Unit 23 Success!!!

OP
Josh86

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome hunt! Are the transporter rates per person or were they split between the 2 of Y'ALL? I'm planning a hunt 2022 0r 23. I am trying to get a budget together. Thanks for all of you guys sharing.
The costs I listed are per person.

Horby

FNG
Thanks for the information provided. Really helps with some of the logistics side of planning a trip like this. Congrats on an awesome trip.

Buck197

WKR
Tell me about that caribou meat man, I was always curious and read something recently, is it good eating? Better\worse than elk? White tail, Antelope? I'd love to hunt up there.

OP
Josh86

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
Tell me about that caribou meat man, I was always curious and read something recently, is it good eating? Better\worse than elk? White tail, Antelope? I'd love to hunt up there.
Comparable to elk... I like it better than deer. We brought home all the meat off of two bull caribou which ended up being around 220lbs

OP
Josh86

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
Mount looks awesome man! Just wondering how much salt did you bring for your cape? Cannot wait to be out there in September!
We took 20lbs but ended up not using it we both killed in the first two days and our pilot flew our capes and meat back and froze them

bmrfish

WKR

Best game meat I have ever had. Early September Alaska north slope. I heard bulls in Oct during rut get nasty but ours was superb. Tender, mild and even a little bit sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the trip. I love your pictures and info. A buddy and I are going with Jared in August. Anything you would advise that you haven’t already shared?

wreckem6

FNG
Well after 8 days in the bush we’ve made it back to the village. We’ve had an amazing trip with some world class hunting and fishing. Killed our two bulls in the first 3 days then our pilot moved us to a fishing spot. We saw somewhere around 4,000 caribou, caught hundreds of fish 2-15lbs and saw lots of grizzlies and foxes. The arctic char aka “Dolly Varden” fishing was the best fishing I’ve ever seen, we would sometimes go 5 cast in a row with fish over 5lbs. Everything we caught was on ultralights with 4lb line. It was everything we had hoped for and more. Can’t wait to get back home and tell the stories to our families.View attachment 217933View attachment 217934View attachment 217935View attachment 217936View attachment 217937View attachment 217938View attachment 217939
Starting to do research on a caribou hunt. Sounds like GE would be the best transporter choice, all the others seem to have negative experiences to go along with a few good ones.