Updating the Ruger American Ranch Rifle

I recently decided to upgrade my Ranch rifle and figured you guys would appreciate what I did. I started by painting the stock black, the tan just wasn’t doing it for me. Next I added two Spartan adaptors. One went up front and replaced the front swivel stud and the second went just in front of the magwell. To mount the rear adaptor I used the pre-drilled hole that Ruger had inside the stock, drilled it out and then picked the necessary adaptor plate an

d screwed it in. I opted to “point” the two adaptors at each other for no reason other than it looked better. Here are the results:

This is what the adaptors look like from the bottom view and the side view.

IMG_8479.jpeg IMG_8478.jpeg
* until I took this picture, I have never noticed the angle that the front adaptor has when attached to my stock, it certainly doesn’t seem to affect my shooting.

Here is what the final product looks like on the tripod and in bipod use:

IMG_8454.jpegIMG_8476.jpegIMG_8523.jpeg

I hope this helps out some of you folks who are looking to update your Ranch Rifle.

Loper

WKR
Which cartridge is it chambered in? Also, I like your origin the last photo.

I just want to replace my trigger.
Jard......
IMG_0884.jpeg

IMG_0878.jpeg

OP
justinspicher
Mine is chambered in 556. No issues for me. I have looked at the MagPul stock and a couple of different chassis options, but none of them seemed better for the price I paid for the rifle.

OP
justinspicher
I looked at that Jard trigger, lots of options but I don’t want a single stage trigger.

Timney also makes one and I’ve seen some replacement part kits for the existing trigger.