Upgrade Leupold bx4 pro guide HD to vortex razor HD

I have a set of BX4s and gave a chance to grab a set of razors for cheap. Is it worth it to upgrade? Or are they close enough in performance I won’t notice? The razors msrp and double that of the pro guide bx4.

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure happy with my Made in Japan Razors. Got a great deal on them used after being freshly serviced by Vortex.

OP
CoHunter1991
Have you used BX4s at all? They were definitely an upgrade when I bought them to replace my original dismondbacks. Was hoping the razors would be a game changer.

Last edited:

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the BX4. My first hunting binos were BX1s, followed by Meopta Meopro HDs. Few years later I tried a couple higher end models, but ultimately settled on the Razor HDs. For me, they're a great balance of weight, clarity, ergonomics and price. Field of view is a bonus too over my old Meoptas.

mvv5137

FNG
The BX4’s are awesome glass for the money. I’d stick with the Leupolds over the razors. If you’re going to upgrade, look at either the Leica’s or the Zeiss Conquest HD’s. I love my Conquests. Keep an eye on eurooptic.com - they sell floor models at huge discounts.