Upgrade T3 Stock with T3X?

Howdy folks I’ve got 2 T3x and a T3 in 308. Personally I like the Tikka stock for a hunting rifle. They are lightweight and all my Tikkas shoot sub MOA with my handloads.

Im deciding on putting a T3x stock on my older T3. Is this even an upgrade? I can’t make up my mind lol

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's only an upgrade if you want to use the factory stock accessories ie. Vertical grip or cheek raiser.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

It's only an upgrade if you want to use the factory stock accessories ie. Vertical grip or cheek raiser.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Is this just a straight up swap? Buy somebody’s take-off T3x stock, Unscrew the old T3 stock and screw in the T3x? Or is surgery required? (I want a vertical grip on my T3.)

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The other benefit to the T3x stock is the steel recoil lug.
You could replace that though without switching out stocks couldn’t you? Won’t the mountain tactical stainless steel lug just swap out with the t3 aluminum lug?

Heck, even if he buys a t3x stock, he still might need to buy a steel recoil lug.

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
You could replace that though without switching out stocks couldn’t you? Won’t the mountain tactical stainless steel lug just swap out with the t3 aluminum lug?

Heck, even if he buys a t3x stock, he still might need to buy a steel recoil lug.
Definitely. I was just pointing out another benefit of the T3x stock over the old T3 stock. Most every T3x stock I’ve seen for sale includes the recoil lug.