Upgrading from Diamondback HDs, tell me its worth it.

OP
Neckbone

Neckbone

Lil-Rokslider
One thing to consider would be the Maven demo program. That way you can see and compare them side by side yourself. I haven't used the Zeiss, but I have the original B1 Mavens 10x42 and a pair of 8x42 diamondbacks. I'm actually pretty impressed with the vortex, I like them more than I expected too. I got them for truck binos/backups/loaners because they were very cheap but the Mavens are a world better to me. I'd echo what others have said about less than ideal lighting and edge to edge. Those areas really improve, the central resolution is better to me as well but it takes a little bit of distance for that to be noticeable. The demo program would let you try before you buy and they're pretty similar in price to the Zeiss
Definitely going to look into this..

S.Clancy

WKR
I went from Diamondbacks to Meopta 10x42, they aren't even comparable. I got rid of my Kaibab 18x56 because I could glass better at distance with my Meopta 10s, that is how much better the glass is.

OP
Neckbone

Neckbone

Lil-Rokslider
I went from Diamondbacks to Meopta 10x42, they aren't even comparable. I got rid of my Kaibab 18x56 because I could glass better at distance with my Meopta 10s, that is how much better the glass is.
Which meopta?

S.Clancy

WKR
I have used both Meostar B.1 and Air 10x42. Meostar are the better of the two, but both are good. I like the eyecups more on the Meostar and they are brighter (to me) in low light. They are heavy tho. If you are looking for crazy light and still really good optics the Zeiss SFL are sweet.

I went from BX-4’s to Swaro EL 8.5x’s. Looking through them side by side during the daytime they don’t give up much to the EL’s. When you really notice it is just how easy they are to look through. I never was big on glassing because I ended up with headaches. I don’t have that problem with the EL’s; I can sit behind them for hours without issue. These will be a lifetime binocular for me so the price really wasn’t a consideration over that many years.

cmahoney

WKR
If you can scrounge up the extra cash to purchase some buy once cry once glass you should do it. What’s an extra $500 if you spread it out over a couple decades. Especially for a guy who is dedicating the time and resources to drive across the country for a hunting trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshfly

WKR
If you can scrounge up the extra cash to purchase some buy once cry once glass you should do it. What’s an extra $500 if you spread it out over a couple decades. Especially for a guy who is dedicating the time and resources to drive across the country for a hunting trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is 100% correct. Good binoculars are literally for the rest of your life. If you get too old to hunt you will use them visiting national parks in retirement. A life investment. Once I realized that, the alpha glass was the only thing that made sense.

Marble

WKR
The advice I've given my friends is if they cannot afford what they want, then wait and get by for a season with what they have and save their money.

I see people in stores look through binos at the wall and compare models. It's not even a fair test. The difference is remarkable.

My wife thought she spotted a person about a mile away two days ago through her $250 leopold 10x42. I handed her my SLCs and she told me she thought her binos were broken. What looked like a person in her glass, ended up being a rock. She could see the striated portions of the rock and all the colors.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk