Upgrading Matchmaster Cup/Platen!!!

Bcreek86

FNG
Who would be interested in seeing an upgraded cup/platen for the RCBS matchmaster. Area 419 currently has a cup that will sit on the matchmaster plastic platen but they do not and are not making a platen for it. Who would like to see an aluminum platen that would fit the area419 cup or a whole new cup/platen all together? Chime in matchmaster owners!

I have one, but am having a hard time following you. What’s wrong with the factory one?

Nothing is wrong with it specifically…it still functions, but just like everything upgrades can be nice. Something solid. A Better quality cup that index’s to the same spot everytime. Personally I think the rcbs cup is difficult to handle and the platen is cheap.

I would put a deposit down on an auto trickler and when it ships sell the match master before I would spend money upgrading it. By the time you upgrade it you will have almost spent the money for an auto trickler.

I don’t understand the love for the Autotrickler either. It’s an amateurish engineered, Frankenstein contraption that looks like it came out of some dude’s garage.

I don’t understand the love for the Autotrickler either. It’s an amateurish engineered, Frankenstein contraption that looks like it came out of some dude’s garage.
My matchmaster is very consistent and fast. I just would like a better cup with a better handle, that would fit nicely. It’s not an overly expensive upgrade. I’m not doggin anyone else’s setup. I like nice stuff too. I have and amp and a Henderson. So I get it.

My matchmaster is very consistent and fast. I just would like a better cup with a better handle, that would fit nicely. It’s not an overly expensive upgrade. I’m not doggin anyone else’s setup. I like nice stuff too. I have and amp and a Henderson. So I get it.
I would love to have the platen to work with my matchmaster. I bought the Area419 powder pan mainly because I wanted it to be clean and flush with the base but the base that comes with it doesnt fit with my match master.. It sucks because now I have the same setup with a nicer pan... :/

Back