Upgrading to Arca

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I’m going to give the Leofoto a go. I’m also going to buy a better bag. Someone - maybe you, I can’t remember as I have multiple threads running - recommended a schmedium bag with git lite. I’ll be shopping today for a Leofoto head, arca rail, arca plates, new shooting bag. Possible a new bipod, but I’ve been researching that for a while and I’m no closer to finding the right bipod than when I started. I’ll probably try an Atlas with arca clamp. I am sure it’s better than my Harris and I’d rather upgrade than spend a bunch of money to make my Harris arca compatible.

Is there any way to keep using a sling if I throw on an arca rail?
I don’t use a sling so I don’t know the best solution. My kids Arca rail for his chassis used the sling stud for the last mounting screw.

You could do the same. Or you could install a flush cup in the side of your stock.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
@Ryan Avery

How is the wiser to shoot from? Would it be better to go with a fluid head? I’ve got a manfrotto 700rc2 on my current tripod. I figured you might have a recommendation for the lightest fluid head that you could shoot from.
You could always run a good ball head then a lock it out and run a cheaper lighter weight pan head with Arca for glassing off of. Then just pull the pan head off and lock your gun into the ball head when ready to shoot. I haven’t done this personally but have been told about it.