Upland Boots for this retired Guy??

primeme

FNG
Looking for a very comfortable , waterproof, great ankle support boot for chasing my bird dogs all over the Dakota's.
I was looking at the Crispi laponia, Schneer timberline.........I've had Danners and Mendl and cheaper boots.

hwy1strat

WKR
I really like my crispi guides. They have enough flex and cushion to be comfortable on long days. I tend to like stiffer boots though so take that for what it’s worth

I like boots with a smooth leather upper that you can treat with Nikwax once the Goretex starts to fail. That morning dew gets hard on suede pretty quick.

jbelz

FNG
I have the Lapponia II's and they served me well this year. Elk, deer, chukar and pheasant. Feet never got wet, and plenty of support for upland

yfarm

WKR
Wore Salomon 4d gtx last 2 seasons, check all the boxes until a misting, light rain day this year where feet were soaked in 3 hours. Sons beartooths stayed dry inside all day, other son wore Rocky outbacks feet got damp. Honestly I should of worn a lightweight rubber boot for the conditions.

OP
P

primeme

FNG
Thanks Guys I grabbed a pair of Schnee Timberline on sale 40 % off and some Nikwax.

Now I need to find a home for my Crispi Colorado 9.5 EE Brand new in box 5 rating on stiffness ......To stiff for me or maybe I can get use to them.........

ZHY

FNG
You might look at the Crispi Altitude boots. They are lower volume than most of their others.

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Kennetrek Mountain Extremes that are going on 4 years old and are still in really good shape. I have put hundreds of miles on these boots and they should last several hundred more, I haven't even had to replace the laces yet