Used truck value question???

180ls1

WKR
My experience with a 48re in an 06 3500 was it was barely adequate for the stock motor and not really that cheap to build right.

Zap if you do buy I would recommend an aftermarket fuel filter kit. Mine installed in the frame rail and I use Cat filters. Like others mentioned there injectors on common rails have such a small orfice any trash in the fuel can wreck the nozzle.

Well, maybe "diesel cheap" which is like "quality scope cheap" but they are cheaper than the ford or gm. Both our trucks just did upgraded billet single converter, bands, clutches and valve body work. Just north of $2k. Both had 35" tires, towed and had tunes, and never hurt the trans. Even when I put the +200hp tune on mine to play around. That said, one shop said we needed a $6-7K all billet trans but they were smoking crack.

The fuel filter is a very good idea along with some fuel lube (we used ashless premix 2 stroke oil) and never lost an injector.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
Injector pulse with test you’re gunna need a scan tool or laptop with Cummins quick serve. I would take a code reader and pull the codes, see if it has any injector pump or injector codes. The big thing on common rails is injector tips sticking and they end melting a piston.

Fass or air dog for the lift pump with good filters will make the cp3 injection pump happy for many years.

47re/48re are bulletproof once you build them correctly, as mentioned above you can go light and they will hold stock power just fine, or go crazy and build a 750-1000 hp trans.

I put in the Air Dog fuel filter system. Only had it a couple years but it's been trouble free so far
I believe the filter I have is a 2 micron. Not sure what micron the water separator is.

A Baldwin PF7977 is a 5 micron that will drop in the factory housing.