Using Carport with Wall Tent

Hi all, I recently just bought a used Rainier centennial wall tent, it’s a 12x16. I’m trying to brainstorm options for a covered area in front of the tent besides the traditional cook shack/porch. Has anyone ever used a canvas car port for this purpose? They’re very reasonable as far as price goes. Thanks

Hi all, I recently just bought a used Rainier centennial wall tent, it’s a 12x16. I’m trying to brainstorm options for a covered area in front of the tent besides the traditional cook shack/porch. Has anyone ever used a canvas car port for this purpose? They’re very reasonable as far as price goes. Thanks
I use a shelter logic that I bought from Bimart about 10 years ago. I just shortened it up using 2 sets of angle instead of the 3 and put a 10x20 tarp over it. It works very well and adds a nice little porch.

It better be a REALLY good spot to commit to that type of base camp. I have learned to be more mobile. Mobile = increase in success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
We put an 8x10 tent inside a canvas carport for a couple years and it worked great. A lot to pack up but it was worth it.

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Change the Ridgepole front bracket on your tent frame for a four way and add another section of pipe. Then you can either add an elbow and pipe down to the ground(cheapest and easiest ) or add another set of brackets and pipe. Then run a tarp over the tent and your front area. Now you have a covered front area to do the cooking in, stack firewood, etc and it keeps the snow, rain, sparks etc off the tent.

OP
R
Change the Ridgepole front bracket on your tent frame for a four way and add another section of pipe. Then you can either add an elbow and pipe down to the ground(cheapest and easiest ) or add another set of brackets and pipe. Then run a tarp over the tent and your front area. Now you have a covered front area to do the cooking in, stack firewood, etc and it keeps the snow, rain, sparks etc off the tent.
Will probably end up doing this, thanks for the idea!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It better be a REALLY good spot to commit to that type of base camp. I have learned to be more mobile. Mobile = increase in success
You can be as mobile as you want from a base camp. I'll drive 50 miles one way from my base camp to hunt some of the other areas in the unit.

As for the carport.....as long as you have a good way to tie it down, it should work.