UTV question

I had a similar dilemma a couple years ago, pioneer vs rzr. After much consideration I chose the Honda Pioneer 500. For my needs, the Pioneer just fit better. To me, the rzr is the more sporty, sports car type machine and the Pioneer is more of a SUV. This is my first atv/utv/4wheeler type machine and I am a very cautious rider. I have no plans to go fast in this thing, I just need something to get me and my kids from point A to point B. I like the bench seat in the Pioneer better because I can fit me and my 2 daughters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like the bench seat in that? How much time have you spent in it in one sitting? The bench just makes me worry about comfort on long days. Also sliding around on it when on rough trails.

I like the bench although I haven’t spent all day sitting on it. The bench style allows me to fit 3 across (me and my 2 skinny little daughters) unlike the bucket seats on the rzr. For a long day the bucket seats may be better. I have also rode with 3 full size 200 lb men across the bench for a mile or 2. Not super comfy, probably not safe, and I don’t recommend it, but it’s doable in the Pioneer. The seatbelt system is good, no sliding around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a wildcat trail it's great for getting from camp to trail head- 20 to 40 miles per day on rough roads. I take my wife and young son and it is tight. I take my lab and he rides up front. Figure out if you need a 50" utv if not get a 4 seat.
There are forums dedicated to these so get on one and burn the midnight oil!

I've had a Honda Pioneer 700-4 for 2 years and really like it. I use it primarily for hunting and getting around my property. The four seats are nice and fit the family of 5. And its nice to fold the seats down and just have the bed. So far its been very reliable and durable - no issues with cold starting in winter. It's handled everything I've thrown its way, including climbing up steep hills/logging rolls with quite a bit of snow on the ground.

I'm more of a utility rider, nothing fast or dangerous for me.

I have a Ranger 800 xp and live in Idaho. Yes there are trails that are limited to 50" but still plenty of riding on jeep trails or other roads. I love the suspension on the ranger and the bed to load up with gear. My one complaint is I HATE Polaris's 4 wheel drive system. You are never truly locked into 4 wheel. It is an as needed system. When the rear wheels slip, the fronts kick in. That's ok, but I find it really annoying on snow/ice in the mountains. Seems like the back end is always sliding out before the front wheels engage. Solution, chain up. Once chained up, there is not much that will stop it.

So I was planning on used but its hard never experiencing any of the machines. Well, went to a dealer today to get some hands on with some machines. My wife liked the idea of a 4 seater until she saw one. Too big. I liked the idea of a 50" but just no storage. Ended up walking out with a down payment on a Can-Am commander. They have a big bed for the dog and under bed storage for gear. It was a game changer for the wife, that and the seats. Top notch comfort.

Back