V3x 29 tune nock high?

MT257

WKR
I have a v3x 29 at 28” dl. 66 lbs. Integrate rest. 340 Easton axis 5mm with 100gr Fp and 10 grain collar. Do these bows typically tune nock high? I finally got a good bullet hole through paper at 3/16” nock high. Is this a form issue, incorrect spine or something else?

I find them to be pretty level usually.

How did you set nocking point originally?

As long as you aren't 28" shaft, you probably have enough spine.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
I find them to be pretty level usually.

How did you set nocking point originally?

As long as you aren't 28" shaft, you probably have enough spine.
I started with bottom of arrow shaft going through center of Berger hole. I believe the arrow ctc is 27.375”.

Mathews recommends center of arrow going through center of Berger hole. You can also measure it. 1” exactly from top of shelf to center of Berger. How is your cam timing? Do you have 65# mods or did you back the limb bolts outs? Reason I ask is if the limb bolts are backed out, they may not be even thus affecting your tiller. How is timing on your arrow rest? I

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Mathews recommends center of arrow going through center of Berger hole. You can also measure it. 1” exactly from top of shelf to center of Berger. How is your cam timing? Do you have 65# mods or did you back the limb bolts outs? Reason I ask is if the limb bolts are backed out, they may not be even thus affecting your tiller. How is timing on your arrow rest? I
Timing was good before I went to shoot through paper. These are 65 pound mods. I have not checked timing on rest. I guess I put the rest string through cable marked it and then mad sure not to cut shorter than required.

When you checked your nock height did you pull on your cord all the way to simulate it being at full draw? I’d not then that would make it look like your a little more nock high than you actually are…

OP
M

MT257

WKR
When you checked your nock height did you pull on your cord all the way to simulate it being at full draw? I’d not then that would make it look like your a little more nock high than you actually are…
Pulled the rest string To simulate at full draw stil 1/8 high.

That’s not bad at all. Some of my Mathews tend to tune about that. As long as it shoots good, I wouldn’t worry about it.

That’s not bad at all. Some of my Mathews tend to tune about that. As long as it shoots good, I wouldn’t worry about it.
This is exactly what I’d say. The tune itself is more important than whether your measurements match someone else. You’re in the ballpark, did it tune with BS and BH? If so, you’re good.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
This is exactly what I’d say. The tune itself is more important than whether your measurements match someone else. You’re in the ballpark, did it tune with BS and BH? If so, you’re good.
Haven’t gotten to bh yet. Just set it up and thru paper tonight with the integrate rest.

I agree with others, I don't worry too much about where it ends up. Tho if it gets way put, usually an indication of something not right.

To time that rest, just pull more cord through then it needs, draw the bow, where it gets pulled to is where you will want it.

Check your cam timing on a draw board, cams being out of time will give you nock high/low.

Those bows are designed to have nocking point center of the axles. So I set the nocking point, then make adjustments with the rest height to adjust the nock high/low. Usually ends up with center of arrow somewhere between center of Berger and top of Berger. Might be nock low, doesn't bother me.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
I agree with others, I don't worry too much about where it ends up. Tho if it gets way put, usually an indication of something not right.

To time that rest, just pull more cord through then it needs, draw the bow, where it gets pulled to is where you will want it.

Check your cam timing on a draw board, cams being out of time will give you nock high/low.

Those bows are designed to have nocking point center of the axles. So I set the nocking point, then make adjustments with the rest height to adjust the nock high/low. Usually ends up with center of arrow somewhere between center of Berger and top of Berger. Might be nock low, doesn't bother me.
That’s how I set my rest up like you explained. My VXR was never this nock high just found it a bit odd.

1/8th inch is very acceptable. I would have a friend check timing when you get the chance. If you are concerned get some foot powder spray and see if there’s any contact. I know it’s a different bow but I had a chillx that would constantly bullet hole knock low setup. I got a lot of range out of that tape and she was a shooter!