Vacation in Victor Idaho vs Alpine Wy

Hwcopley

Lil-Rokslider
Morning all I’m planning a family trip and need a recommendation on towns to stay around. Mainly which has more for a family to do, Victor Id or Alpine Wy? Will be traveling in late June . Kids are young and wife doesn’t love to hike. I’ll be leaving them there for a few days to hike. Let me know any recommendations you have. thanks

wyosteve

WKR
I haven't been to Victor for a while, but my guess is that's the best bet. Alpine is not much more than a wide spot in the road with a convenience store and a few shops.

mntnguide

WKR
Probably more for a family to do in Victor/Driggs area based on what you stated. Alpine is great for the mountains and less people, hence why i live here.

Wyobull

FNG
Rockin M ranch just out of Alpine might be a good fit for this, Rob and Jaimie run a great place, If your wife needs town and tourist attractions Jackson is only 35 miles. Overall Victor/Driggs maybe has more shops etc. but as far as things to do they are about equal.

def90

WKR
I’m not sure there is much to do in either of those two towns for young kids or if your wife isn’t in to hiking. They are both outdoor recreation areas, you’re going to be fishing, hiking or hunting for the most part. Even in Jackson if your wife is more of an urbanite it takes a couple hours at best to walk all the shops in the town square and then after that you are done. There is always Yellowstone but you will spend most of your time in the car. If you are leaving them there for a few days so that you can hike it sounds more like a you vacation that you are dragging the family along on. Bozeman would probably be a better destination for that.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
What do your families like to "do"? My family spends all of June in Alpine on the lake fishing/playing on the shore as well as the boat. If you fish, there's also 3 different rivers in Alpine you can hit.
However if the family isn't into the outdoors and you don't fish, I'd probably leave the family in Victor and go hike up to Table Rock. It's a nice, well established trail and takes you right up to the east side of the Grand Teton. I did it once as a kid and am dying to take my wife/family there some day.

TheTone

WKR
I’m not sure there is much to do in either of those two towns for young kids or if your wife isn’t in to hiking. They are both outdoor recreation areas, you’re going to be fishing, hiking or hunting for the most part. Even in Jackson if your wife is more of an urbanite it takes a couple hours at best to walk all the shops in the town square and then after that you are done. There is always Yellowstone but you will spend most of your time in the car. If you are leaving them there for a few days so that you can hike it sounds more like a you vacation that you are dragging the family along on. Bozeman would probably be a better destination for that.
I’d fully agree with this! Outside of recreation the area doesn’t have much to do that would take more than a day

OP
H

Hwcopley

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the help, wife is pretty low-key, likes walking around small towns and checking out antique/knickknacks shops. She’ll probably spend most of the vacation on a porch drinking coffee. We might do a day trip to Jackson, but that’s probably a little bougie for her taste. I’m leaning towards Alpine.