Valle Vidal NM Turkey

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
I was lucky enough to draw a limited tag in the Valle Vidal for this spring. I’ve never been in the area as SW NM keeps me plenty busy. I’d be very grateful for some basic info on the area and hunt itself. PM only please

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I had an elk tag there in 2020. I never saw turkeys, but the best habitat for them is the east side of the unit.

I would highly recommend taking chains and plenty of gas/ other essential supplies. The camp grounds are a good ways off of a paved road no matter which way you go in. If I remember right, it’s something like 20-30 miles of gravel road. Not sure how much snow they’ve had in there this year and when exactly you plan to hunt, but spring melt will be sure to make them at least a little messy. Have fun. It’s a beautiful area.

I was lucky enough to draw a limited tag in the Valle Vidal for this spring. I’ve never been in the area as SW NM keeps me plenty busy. I’d be very grateful for some basic info on the area and hunt itself. PM only please
Not sure about the turkey season itself, been grateful enough to hunt elk in there a couple times, and can tell you where we have found them in the past. Shoot me a PM and I would be glad to talk to you about it.

OP
K

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure about the turkey season itself, been grateful enough to hunt elk in there a couple times, and can tell you where we have found them in the past. Shoot me a PM and I would be glad to talk to you about it.
Shooting you a PM!