Vector/Method Archery Reviews?

TheViking

WKR
Curious to everyone’s thoughts/reviews on Method Archery (formally Vector) arrows?

I’ve always built my own, I’m a sucker for 4mm’s and their specs are appealing to me. Price is good as well for a fully built setup. And they're having a great deal on free broadheads with arrow purchase right now.

I would strip and re-fletch them, not a huge deal.

Reviews?

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple of dozen of them and they shoot straight and spun well. The spine of the arrow seems a bit on the light side for me but I didn't have any issues with tuning at all. The only thing that I wish was different is the adhesive they're using for the components . They stay on well but you won't be able to rotate the collar if it needs some fine tuning.
The weights of the arrows were pretty consistent and they have them all listed on the invoice. I verified with my scale.
The only inconsistency I had were the nock's used. A few of them had completely different nocks on them in the same batch. The only reason I mention this is because they were very different sizes and I was getting nock pinch. I just switched them out for IP nocks ( which is what a vast majority of them had).
I'm going to hunt with them this year. They did great at TAC (only lost 1)
The guys at TAC were great to talk to and very helpful. Customer service through email is great. They respond quickly.

mikeafeagin22

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using them for over a year now. Went way down the rabbit hole trying to find a 4mm option with front components that stayed true after a few hard hits. I can honestly say they are by far the best that I have found. All of mine are still when they were vector. I stripped their vanes off and three on max stealth hybrids with a left helical but both of those are options they offer now on their site.

I’ve always built all of my arrows as well so it was kind of weird ordering a completed set but from what I’ve gotten from them, they’ve been very good. Out of 24 arrows, I only had two that didn’t spin well enough for me to throw a fixed blade on and be comfortable shooting them.

I can’t vouch for their QC tolerances now that they are quite a bit bigger and busier than they were a year ago but that is pretty crazy that they had different nocks in the same batch of arrows. Did you buy those at a TAC event? Maybe they were just pumping out arrows as fast as they could and ran out of nocks

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
The ones I had at TAC were ones I ordered and brought with me . However I do think they had some arrows there for sale

mikeafeagin22

Lil-Rokslider
The ones I had at TAC were ones I ordered and brought with me . However I do think they had some arrows there for sale
I follow them and TAC on Instagram and it looks like they are the “official” arrow sponsor for TAC now. They really do make a great arrow so good for them! I’ve always had durability issues with the front components (gold tip kinetic pierce) or inconsistencies over time with most arrows. I thought the focos system with black eagle x impacts was going to be the be all end all for me but after a couple hard hits, they start wobbling on you.
I’ve had one vector break on a deer when I had a hard quartering shot and it stuck in the offside shoulder. Broke on a tree when the deer was running but other than that I haven’t had any break. I’ll be shooting them at a TAC event next weekend so I’m sure to test that statement pretty heavily! Haha

Bump79

WKR
I see they now have the components for sale. I'm going to build my own arrows using their titanium outsert with a Firenock carbon tube on the inside. Likely will use either an X-Impact or Element Storm shaft. I've had great luck with these high modulus shafts in 300 or 250 spine. I prefer a little faster setup as I'm at 295 FPS.

Zac

WKR
Curious to everyone’s thoughts/reviews on Method Archery (formally Vector) arrows?

I’ve always built my own, I’m a sucker for 4mm’s and their specs are appealing to me. Price is good as well for a fully built setup. And they're having a great deal on free broadheads with arrow purchase right now.

I would strip and re-fletch them, not a huge deal.

Reviews?
Never understood why people buy a custom shaft just to scrape the fletchings off. Especially because I hate fletching so much.