(Video) Backcountry Stock Containment

Just had a kid a couple weeks ago and I have quite a bit of leave so I'm working on getting some more videos out. Did my best to cover electric fence, hobbles, and highline in a relatively short amount of time.

What did I miss or what other tips do you have?

Thanks,
Shane

Nice video. Interested in your lightweight setup.
I like the screw peg idea, I use bailing twine on trees normally and no stakes but like the idea of carrying some for a gate and cutting them down.

OP
B
Thanks for the feedback.

I’ve got the new electric fence line reel (repurposed diving reel) done and now just need to finish the breakdown fiberglass poles for the lightweight setup.

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
That's a good how to video. I had a moose come through camp one night and the horses blew through the hot wire. I've since switched to pickets.

OP
B
Good advice, hot wire is definitely not the most secure method. I did pickets my first season and always seemed to fight the stakes or lines (rocks, bushes, etc). Probably user error.

I've heard the picket stakes and cotton rope are hard to find now so I have kept them around.

That's a good how to video. I had a moose come through camp one night and the horses blew through the hot wire. I've since switched to pickets.
I've had a moose come through and they pulled the pickets, something about moose that can scare the crap out of them. I hobble the leaders in the fence and out and usually picket one.