Videos, online resources for becoming a better rifleman.

Finn

FNG
Any feedback on Vortex long range classes? There Edge and outdoor training center are within two hours for me. I was planning on going to them over the winter/spring after hunting season, but now I'm not sure if is the best use of my money after reading this.

Dobermann

WKR
Any feedback on Vortex long range classes? There Edge and outdoor training center are within two hours for me. I was planning on going to them over the winter/spring after hunting season, but now I'm not sure if is the best use of my money after reading this.
I can't comment on their LR classes. However, a couple of years ago, we had a thread here where some of us tried to really 'understand' just what Vortex was about.

I made the mistake of listening to quite a lot of their podcasts ... and I'd personally not heard such a mix of fuddery, regurgitated incorrect information, and straight up dangerous advice on a couple of topics. It made me regret wasting those ours of my life and not want anything to do with them as a company. FWIW.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
I wanted to bring this back to the top to shout out THLR.NO on YouTube. Awesome and easy to watch, basic shooting fundamentals that could help anyone.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Possibly something over at Frontline Defense (couple hours away from me), which would be exclusively prone so not that enthusiastic about that option to be honest. I may have to travel a longer distance than I'd like in order to take the sort of class I'm looking for. If I do that it's likely I'll try to do Precision Rifle I and II at Rifles Only.

Edit: Nevermind I found this course an hour away from me. We have a winner other than the fact it sounds a bit more PRS oriented than I'd want. But for just getting back into shooting it'll do great.

Did you ever pursue either of these classes? I’m in NC also and would like to find something local as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever pursue either of these classes? I’m in NC also and would like to find something local as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll likely try it out in the summer or fall if Pilot runs courses during that period. My first priority is getting in better shape which I've already started. From there I'll move onto the shooting.