Vortex Has Raised the CS Bar Even Higher

JGRaider

WKR
From myself, and a whole bunch more, and I have done my share of Vortex bashing. However, I'm not sure I can think of another optics company that would take care of it's customers to this extent. My hat's off to them. From another board.........

Not sure if any folks over here are aware of Liberty Optics fiasco that’s transpired over last few days…hopefully not and you aren’t caught up in it.
They were an online optics dealer that mainly from my understanding sold on SH and Long Range Hunting forum.
They had some of the best deals around and were very popular for many years until the owner seems to have disappeared leaving many paid orders unfulfilled and took the money and vanished it seems.
Most of his sales were Vortex products it seems and Vortex has stepped up and is helping folks who ordered products that were never delivered get their orders delivered.
I have a whole new perspective on the level of customer service they have as they were answering emails until late at night trying to get ahead of this situation that this vendor had created.
You can go read all the posts if you like on Sniper Hide but suffice to say Vortex has gained a lot of good will out the the way they are handling this bad situation.

Just posted this in case there is someone out there that hasn’t gotten the bad news if they have an outstanding order with Liberty Optics. You need to reach out to your CC company and get the charges reversed ASAP?

TxLite

WKR
Hadn’t seen the debacle with Liberty Optics til this thread but I’m impressed with Vortex’s response to the situation. What a mess and great job Vortex for taking care of customers and fixing a situation that isn’t theirs to fix.

Last edited:
I’ve grown a bit tired of the Vortex bashing.
About 90%+ of it seems to be issues with their sub-$500 lines of scopes and then people taking that experience and bashing others for buying the higher end ones like the Razor line of scopes. I don't have a bunch of money invested in Vortex stuff (used to have a Razor Gen 2 I sold due to weight after a couple years) but it's just boring seeing the same stuff all the time. Some people don't know what they don't know.

ljalberta

WKR
Great company and customer service. I’ve used multiple pairs of their binos and a few different scopes (nothing above the Viper line). None of the scopes ever held zero over a season and the binos had to be warrantied multiple times.

Great company and customer service. Poor products in my experience.

About 90%+ of it seems to be issues with their sub-$500 lines of scopes and then people taking that experience and bashing others for buying the higher end ones like the Razor line of scopes.
Great company and customer service. I’ve used multiple pairs of their binos and a few different scopes (nothing above the Viper line). None of the scopes ever held zero over a season and the binos had to be warrantied multiple times.

Great company and customer service. Poor products in my experience.

Welp.

TxLite

WKR
Their Viper PST line is about $1,000, not sub $500. Anyway, just sharing my personal experience. Hard to want to spend more when I haven’t had a product that works from them yet and there’s other options available.
I haven’t had great luck with their viper series, and from what I’ve seen on here regarding the razor lht, I don’t think I’ll be getting one of those either. I will say their customer service was great when I needed to make repairs though.

Happy with my Maven binos but I might pick up a razor spotter to replace my ares.

Regardless, I respect their commitment to the situation. You don’t see that level of customer support very often, especially not from such a large company.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Vortex has come a long way and it is certainly paying off. The US government recently entered into a nearly $3 billion contract with Vortex to manufacture some of the most advanced small arms optics ever made. This stuff was rigorously tested and is made in the USA. You get what you pay for. I have never used a Vortex scope but have sold a few and can attest their Razor line of binoculars is optically among the finest money can buy (my opinion of course). I operate a gun business and have sold and used high end optics for years. I am not a Vortex dealer. I have sent optics back to Bushnell, Weaver El Paso, Redfield (Denver Co), Leupold, and Vortex over the years. I have also used Swarovski/Kahles customer service on numerous occasions. Vortex has the best customer service I have experienced.

I do t think you will hear many people bashing Vortex customer service.

It’s just several have had poor performance using a litany of their optics that you will hear bashing from and rightly so. And I’m my experience it isn’t just related to their sub $500 products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

grfox92

WKR
I've only owned 1 vortex product and it's a Diamondback 3x9. I've had it since 2018, it's had the absolute hell beaten out of it and it's never lost zero or failed. It's on top of an AR that never gets shot.

As good as its been I still don't trust it.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: