Vortex Rzr LHT 3-15X42

270quest

WKR
Not a huge vortex by any means, but the specs of this scope are so intriguing...Obviously, their high end RZR line is Japan made. Anyone have this scope and have anything good or bad to report with Reliability, repeatability, optical clearness, reticle thoughts? Overall thoughts?

I may be about to start a wild hair project that is a light suppressed bolt rifle and this scope seems to check a lot of boxes from the outside.

hiker270

WKR
I bought one for my 7mm PRC. A buddy of mine has one on his 300 wsm and after some range time with his I was impressed enough to buy one. So far I have no complaints.

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, did have zero shift on a hunt and missed a shot on an elk. Not sure if it was the scope or if it moved in the rings but tested after the hunt and zero was way off.

There is a post on here that goes in depth into test a LHT scope and the holding zero portion was very bad. I do like the scope overall but the holding zero piece makes me curious about selling it.

The real question is what scope to go with, if not this one. Obvious one is Leupold VX-5 but idk.

nobody

WKR
The real question is what scope to go with, if not this one. Obvious one is Leupold VX-5 but idk.
Maven RS1.2 2.5-15, Trijicon Tenmile 3-18, Trijicon Credo 2.5-15, SWFA 3-15, Nightforce SHV F1 4-14.

Take the Leupold off your list and look at the above options instead, otherwise you’ll likely fight the same issue.

Strider

Lil-Rokslider
I had one. After one especially rough pack out it was inches off at 200yds. If I babied it it was fine. I really prefer not to baby my things and in real use crap happen. When your stuck in a chocked out creek bottom, slightly lost and in need of stitches your rifle scopes well being is not a priority.

I sold it got an swfa and believe it or not my rifle stays zeroed now. Crazy i know. Do yourself a favor and listen to @Formidilosus.

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
Maven RS1.2 2.5-15, Trijicon Tenmile 3-18, Trijicon Credo 2.5-15, SWFA 3-15, Nightforce SHV F1 4-14.

Take the Leupold off your list and look at the above options instead, otherwise you’ll likely fight the same issue.
Thank you for the feedback. I am interested to see the Maven on the list, and the Leupold not on the list. I have to look into the others, I think I might have avoided them before due to cost. Thanks again!