WA blacktail units 602,603, 607

I have a rifle tag and am probably going to focus on these 3 units since they’re relatively close to PA where I live. Any good tips or tactics for there? This is my first season here and have already put a lot into elk studying for there, just need to start on the deer now.

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
602- Lots of thick public land and some DNR clearcuts. Some good lands that require a permit (Rayonier) with reprod and cuts. I've never heard of many monsters coming out of this unit but that doesn't mean squat. Personally I'd run cameras in the deep timber and either use salt blocks or look for old rub lines. You will probably find more elk then high caliber blacktail bucks.

603- Tons of thick public and some private land (Merril Ring), the private only allows access through a draw system, pretty sure that draw was already run though. Same as above, not much glassing opportunities but if you run cameras and bait you might locate some bucks to target.

607- I haven't spent too much time there, I know all the good clear cut lands are Rayonier leases that go for big $$$.

If it were my choice for that area I either choose and area in 602/603 and learn it for elk and deer. Spend time learning the area and run cameras. OR... I'd look at hunting an alpine area in one of the wildness areas that has the High Buck season, the general season, and the Late Buck season. Somewhere between 3000' and 4500' feet which probably won't have snow until late October or November depending on the year.

OP
C
602- Lots of thick public land and some DNR clearcuts. Some good lands that require a permit (Rayonier) with reprod and cuts. I've never heard of many monsters coming out of this unit but that doesn't mean squat. Personally I'd run cameras in the deep timber and either use salt blocks or look for old rub lines. You will probably find more elk then high caliber blacktail bucks.

603- Tons of thick public and some private land (Merril Ring), the private only allows access through a draw system, pretty sure that draw was already run though. Same as above, not much glassing opportunities but if you run cameras and bait you might locate some bucks to target.

607- I haven't spent too much time there, I know all the good clear cut lands are Rayonier leases that go for big $$$.

If it were my choice for that area I either choose and area in 602/603 and learn it for elk and deer. Spend time learning the area and run cameras. OR... I'd look at hunting an alpine area in one of the wildness areas that has the High Buck season, the general season, and the Late Buck season. Somewhere between 3000' and 4500' feet which probably won't have snow until late October or November depending on the year.
Thank you, and yeah I think I’m going to stick with 602/03 this season and see what happens.