Wac em expandable

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I'm going to order some when they are available. I don't know of anyone who has shot the prototypes either. They look good tho

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They're not available yet, unless someone somehow got some prototypes to test. I did send them an email asking if they had any plans to release a 125gr 3-blade model maybe with a smaller cut. No way I'm using a 2"+ 3-blade head on elk. And quite frankly, I don't even see a need for that on deer. Beef up the blade strength and make a 1 1/2" 3-blade cut and that's good for both deer and elk.

But given Wac'ems history, I'm sure they will fly great.

MattB

WKR
They're not available yet, unless someone somehow got some prototypes to test. I did send them an email asking if they had any plans to release a 125gr 3-blade model maybe with a smaller cut. No way I'm using a 2"+ 3-blade head on elk. And quite frankly, I don't even see a need for that on deer. Beef up the blade strength and make a 1 1/2" 3-blade cut and that's good for both deer and elk.

Is the ferrule steel? That tip looks awfully long and skinny.

OP
justin davis

Yea I heard about a 2 blade expandable. Hoping to try some out at some point

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Is the ferrule steel? That tip looks awfully long and skinny.

I don't think so. That's also what I asked them about with a heavier 125gr model.....maybe come out with a SS model. The shorter blades could also require a shorter length ferrule for more strength as well. All good things IMO.

OP
justin davis
I don't think so. That's also what I asked them about with a heavier 125gr model.....maybe come out with a SS model. The shorter blades could also require a shorter length ferrule for more strength as well. All good things IMO.

Yea your right on. Shorter blades and shorter length ferrule only makes things stronger I think!

Longbow42

FNG

Take a look at the grim reaper Fatal Steel. All SS in 125 grain with a 1.5" cut. I have had good success with them and shot one through 1" thick composite board and it was fine. Very similar to Spitfires but all steel.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Take a look at the grim reaper Fatal Steel. All SS in 125 grain with a 1.5" cut. I have had good success with them and shot one through 1" thick composite board and it was fine. Very similar to Spitfires but all steel.

That's why I want to check out these Wac'ems. They're designed a little differently, which I would think would help eliminate deflections.

Longbow42

FNG
The Fatal Steels are also designed for not deflecting due to blades being back some and spring loaded.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Very interested in these. I used the Wacems this year and was very happy with the accuracy and performance. Not sure how I somehow never tried them before this past summer, long range groups were as good as I have had.

OP
justin davis
Very interested in these. I used the Wacems this year and was very happy with the accuracy and performance. Not sure how I somehow never tried them before this past summer, long range groups were as good as I have had.

Yea wac em fixed blades are some of the most accurate broadheads out there

BSeals71

WKR
I'm looking at the expendable now. It's hard to tell if the blades open up before or after entry?

I was under the assumption from looking at pictures blades opened after initial entry kind of like Swhacker but the wac Em tabs are closer to the blade tip instead of over the pivot point so not sure how well they will work. I do like fixed wac ems though.