Want glasses friendly 10x42mm or 10x50mm binocular

Ashenwelt

FNG
Hey all, looking for recommendations on a pair of Binos that will work well with glasses. I prefer to not be taking my glasses off and on although at times I have, I simply prefer not to.

I have a hard cap of $500 but not sure where I should be spending. Will mainly be used at ranges and 3d. And some rifle work.

I was looking at Maven, Athlon and Vortex mainly due to number of users and that insane warranty. I like Leupold but that warranty is driving me. I am tired of buying binos even if it has only been like 4 or 5 in 20 years lol.

I know that eye relief is a major requirement. So I was looking at things like the Maven C3 10x50mm and the Athlon Cronus G2 UHD for the long eye relief.

I am looking because my old leupolds (happily not gold rings) walked away with my range bag a while back. Yeah... expensive bag to replace.

I was leaning toward 10x42mm, although I have toyed with 10x32mm and 10x50mm.

Your thoughts are welcome and wanted.

Thanks all!

I have never had trouble using any binos with my glasses. Usually you just screw the eye cups in, and that takes care of it. For reference, I own a pair of 10x42 Swaro EL's, a pair of Leica Trinovid 8x42's, and I have three pairs of identical Vortex binos for my kids.

For under $500, I would go Vortex. I think I paid about $250 per pair, but they have a variety of models.

Just got a pair of 10x42 vipers yesterday so I have no real time behind them, but they are impressive. I generally take my glasses off, but I'm sure they would work with them too.

I tried a ton of pairs about 3 years ago and landed on Meopta Meopro 8x42s. I can look through with my glasses no prob and the optics are great. The second best were the Viper 8x42s but the Meopta optics were quite a bit better.

In the alpha range you can get into a 10x42 with Swaro ELs but that's a big jump in price. 8x42 is the ticket.

Just to follow up since nobody mentioned it, but for wearing glasses you want to look for an exit pupil in the 20mm range or higher. The more the better. Most 10x42s will be in the 16-17mm range, and IMO its not enough relief.

Just to follow up since nobody mentioned it, but for wearing glasses you want to look for an exit pupil in the 20mm range or higher. The more the better. Most 10x42s will be in the 16-17mm range, and IMO its not enough relief.

The pair I ordered was a 19.3mm. That was a problem I was seeing in a lot of glass.

Back