Water bladder mods...

freshta

WKR
I have the Kifaru T2 and it is the best pack I've ever owned but like all packs, the hydration pocket is on the inside. I freaking hate that. I have like a million packs and they are all designed the same way. Anyone modify their packs to carry water in a different way than the pack was designed for?

Thanks,

Tony

I just made a cordura sleeve style pouch that attaches to the exterior of my pack. I can also run it against the frame for day use.

Check out the military ILBE hydration carrier. You could figure something out with that probably.

Anyone carry their water in a pouch on the side of their pack, like in one of the long pockets on an Exo 3500? I worry the bag would be lopside either with it full or empty...

Anyone carry their water in a pouch on the side of their pack, like in one of the long pockets on an Exo 3500? I worry the bag would be lopside either with it full or empty...

Ya. My daypack's pocket is directly in the middle of the back of the pack, but my SG's is on the side and that's what I use. I don't care if it's lopsided or not....that's where it goes, and it's going to like going there.......whether it likes it or not.

I just bought a dt2, one of the reasons being that it has a dedicated water bladder sleeve. I use a sawyer squeeze filter and I attached a which disconnect neat the mouthpiece of the bladder. I disconnect the mouthpiece and attach my filter right to the hose so the bladder never leaves my pack.

I just bought a dt2, one of the reasons being that it has a dedicated water bladder sleeve. I use a sawyer squeeze filter and I attached a which disconnect neat the mouthpiece of the bladder. I disconnect the mouthpiece and attach my filter right to the hose so the bladder never leaves my pack.

I rarely use a bladder but this is the setup I use when I do.

I have an MSR dromedary that I hang between the bag and frame on my DT2 using two mini wire gate carabiners. They seem a little sturdier than the aluminum ones you see at WalMart. I can fill my water bottle from the bottom. I do keep a piece of gear tape across the spout to keep it from inadvertently flipping up. No issues so far.

I will add that on my SG pack I put the bladder between the bag and frame where the meat shelf is. I have a 3l platy that I tie with paracord to the top of the frame and the hose I run along the shoulder strap with a quick connect near the mouth piece that I use in conjunction with a Katadyn that I keep in the side pocket. All I need to do is reach around grab the filter, hook up and start filtering. Reduces the need to take the pack off to refill.

You could probably get the USMC Pack (FILBE) hydration pouch to work. It holds a 3L bladder. I have mine mounted on then side because I don't like putting it in the radio/bladder pouch inside. I have also been using Vapur water bottles distributed around the pack using their built in carabiners.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Back