Website Glitch

There is even more to it then what I posted above but will spare you the details

Oh I understand all that. I just don't understand the average person. To this day I still don't get how Google makes money. Don't get me wrong........I understand the business model, I just think people are generally predictable (said nicely) and fall for anything. And THAT is why it works.

Many years ago there was a hot sauce producer that tried all kinds of advertising to increase sales. Nothing worked very well. Then one day while the marketing team was looking for new ideas, one fellow said "how about if we make the hole bigger". They made the hole bigger and increased sales by 50% the next year.

The real question is what changed from a few days ago that started it up?

The real question is what changed from a few days ago that started it up?

The problem is that they use a hosted ad service called AdPeeps that injects the ads to the page using javascript. This code as well as the associated styles (which they have recently changed) is out of Ryan's control and is written by a 3rd party. The style of the injected code is delicate and complex to work around display bugs in every browser. There in-lies the problem. There is code in there to support the early IE browsers and even back to the old Netscape Navigator. At some point website designers have to draw the line, but as a 3rd party service provider they really can't, so they have to work around things like the IE box model bug, which persisted much longer than it should have as to not break websites already working around it.

Should be GTG

5MB, they do work. We are the number one refer to 3 different sponsors outside of organic searches.

I keep getting "database error" when I click on some threads, and if I try and do a search. Anyone else having that? Not sure what's up with that...

It seems to be back up and running normal again for me. Don't scare me like that...not sure what I was going to do at work all day!!

Back